Massey gone from DSR? (1 Viewer)

My thinking is there must have been some extenuating circumstances and more that we know to cause this outburst.

Around these parts, they call such extenuating circumstances 'Jack Daniels'.

I agree with the rest of what you're saying. And this whole affair has my wife depressed - she always rooted for Massey to win because she thinks he's cute. :rolleyes:

Or maybe they were just ready to go home after a long, tiring season of racing. The Top 10 drivers have to show up at the banquet because they are on stage.

Seems like everyone else made it,Maybe if they ever win the other teams wont show up to support them!! Pretty unprofessional!

What a shame.

I known it's rare that things like this happen, but maybe NHRA should bump out the Banquet date a couple weeks after the finals to let everyone get some rest and to let those emotions unwind. The mental exhaustion you know must take its toll at the end of that trail.

Makes me want to have a couple beers just thinking about it.

Last edited:
this whole deal is actually very odd.
the comments earlier about he may have been on end of leash already?
for cryin' out loud, if your buddy is drunk and misbehaving, come to his
rescue; apparently no one wanted to rescue spencer.
not suggesting he didn't screw up, but left @ table alone?
seems a bit immature.

Or.... his teammates/coworkers knew that what he "said" was in no way cool and didn't want to be seen on camera with him in support, knowing this would get out. I love and support my friends but, a true friend would let you know you screwed up. PS..... some things, you just can't support when you're begging fortune 500 companies for $$$$$$ and I'm sure that isn't the first time he's dropped a "N"-bomb alcohol only loosens the filter.

maybe it was the the alcohol talking but i wonder why would he be mad at Antron. He beat Antron in rnd one to give himself a chance, it was Bernstein who ultimately sealed his fate, seems like he'd be madder him !:p

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back