Lee Beard Out at DSR (1 Viewer)

Lee wants to help an up and coming star or a low budget team who can afford to run for it all try to run for it all. Which kinda makes no sense, but it's his words, the goals he wants depend on a newcomer finding great sponsorship and/or he wants to help a low budget team run for it all if they can afford him and the elements to run at the top. Key words Lee: Low Budget does not mean I can afford Lee Beard. His responses dont exactly make sense
Patrick, you care to elaborate on this??? In his interview, never did I see the mention of "Low Budget"!!!

“I got a tremendous amount of enjoyment out of going to an unknown or small team when I went to David Powers,” Beard said............

"What I would really like to do is get back to what really kind of made me and that was going with unknown teams and turning them into championship contender. I would like to find somebody who is ready to move from alcohol up to Top Fuel or somebody who is already in Top Fuel who has the money and the drive to be a championship contender.”
Lucus still comes to my mind. I'm sure that Beard would have to ensure that there were an iron clad contract in place though before he jumped on board that ship.

Patrick, you care to elaborate on this??? In his interview, never did I see the mention of "Low Budget"!!!

“I got a tremendous amount of enjoyment out of going to an unknown or small team when I went to David Powers,” Beard said............

"What I would really like to do is get back to what really kind of made me and that was going with unknown teams and turning them into championship contender. I would like to find somebody who is ready to move from alcohol up to Top Fuel or somebody who is already in Top Fuel who has the money and the drive to be a championship contender.”
Lucus still comes to my mind. I'm sure that Beard would have to ensure that there were an iron clad contract in place though before he jumped on board that ship.

What do you think the word "small" relates to? Small usually is because of money. There have not been any "small" teams competing out here that run a full tour. Unknown team I understand, Small can be interpreted in more ways then one.

And in reference to a theme, yes i got it, guys in every thread who search me out, looking to break my balls. These claims are so made up. Like I told Mike, I never claimed to know anything and anyone who says that i did is a complete idiot. It's more like it has not been widely known that AJ did anything for Kalitta let alone help tune up wise and all I said is what has been know that AJ and many many CC's help point teams on the right track and Mike has to come out like a big idiot and tell me I said i know everything.

Why do u guys keep creating drama? The problem is not me when all i post is just a simple little common knowledge polite post and I then have it devoured by wise asses left and right. I'm really getting sick of mater because people just cant disagree, they have to either attack or invent that you said things that you did not.

No one can say that I started a thing on this one. Boom outta f'in nowhere

Last edited:
What do you think the word "small" relates to? Small usually is because of money. There have not been any "small" teams competing out here that run a full tour. Unknown team I understand, Small can be interpreted in more ways then one.................................
Really? Terry McMillen and Bob Vandergriff Jr. have both run the full tour this year. In Funny Car, Jim Dunn and Tim Wilkerson have also run the full tour. And before you say that they are not small teams, Lee beard's definition of a small team was David Power's Motorsports.
Why do u guys keep creating drama? The problem is not me when all i post is just a simple little common knowledge polite post and I then have it devoured by wise asses left and right....................................
Sorry Patrick, but apparently it is you. Have a look here and see how many arguments you've been in with people! And sadly, when you look at that link, it goes back to when you first joined the Mater, it's your entire history. http://www.nitromater.com/search.php?searchid=1264693

No one else on the Mater get's in arguments with just about EVERY other member on here, no one, so yeah, it is you. People have different opinions on here all the time, yet treat each other with respect. There is a definite reason that you get no respect around here, and it has a lot to do with the way that you present yourself and your opinions.:cool:

Really? Terry McMillen and Bob Vandergriff Jr. have both run the full tour this year. In Funny Car, Jim Dunn and Tim Wilkerson have also run the full tour. And before you say that they are not small teams, Lee beard's definition of a small team was David Power's Motorsports.
Sorry Patrick, but apparently it is you. Have a look here and see how many arguments you've been in with people! And sadly, when you look at that link, it goes back to when you first joined the Mater, it's your entire history. www.nitromater.com

No one else on the Mater get's in arguments with just about EVERY other member on here, no one, so yeah, it is you. People have different opinions on here all the time, yet treat each other with respect. There is a definite reason that you get no respect around here, and it has a lot to do with the way that you present yourself and your opinions.:cool:

You guys are so unreal I did absolutely nothing in the last 6 months, I been attacked over spelling, typing how i feel that others just can't accept, i never once called anyone on here an idiot for expressing how they feel, why do i get constantly attacked just for putting my view on the table. It's not everybody. There are 2 groups on mater right now.

Small - David Powers had money! I'm not as stupid as you think. All of the small teams you just named could not afford Lee!

1. Michael Hayes, You, the 2 people on this site that have a grudge on me for nothing - The both of you continuously give me hell if I say the sky is blue and it might be cloudy in your area. It doesn't matter what i write, I know that every other week you or him are going to bash me. I respect everyone on here but the both of you. You guys are immature. You both been in fights with me over my spelling and my point of view or if i did not word a post that well. I am goddam sick and tired of being told I dont accept anyone's opinion. You are so utterly full of S H I T. You bring my history into go ahead, re-read how many issues have been started over guys like you who have short tempers, take it out on me, and then say I DID IT. I never disrespected anyone for their point of view. Only if they attacked me first for my own, I lost count how many time you call me, stupid, and idiot, for having one, You guys are BITTER.Tell me how it all started in this thread huh?

I would leave mater cause everyday on here one of you guys are starting something, but i'm not letting you win. I'm gonna stay because you hate me for no reason and so I will continue posting normally and politely and when you grow up you guys will start finding some flaw.

Last edited:
1. Michael Hayes, You, the 2 people on this site that have a grudge on me for nothing - The both of you continuously give me hell if I say the sky is blue and it might be cloudy in your area. It doesn't matter what i write, I know that every other week you or him are going to bash me. I respect everyone on here but the both of you. You guys are immature. You both been in fights with me over my spelling and my point of view or if i did not word a post that well. I am goddam sick and tired of being told I dont accept anyone's opinion. You are so utterly full of S H I T. You bring my history into go ahead, re-read how many issues have been started over guys like you who have short tempers, take it out on me, and then say I DID IT. I never disrespected anyone for their point of view. Only if they attacked me first for my own, I lost count how many time you call me, stupid, and idiot, for having one, You guys are BITTER.

You are so far from the truth, it's rediculous. I do not have a grudge against you, it's just that I can take only so much of your comments/responses. You obviously feel the need to respond to any and every post, even if your response makes no sense whatsoever. The last couple of times I quoted you was to clarify a couple of things that you said. You are the one that took it as an attack and then flew off the handle.

Do me a favor....go back, re-read some of your posts and come back here and tell me who was more accurate in describing how you present yourself...you or Lance? I'm with Lance on this one!

I'll leave it at this and will do my best to not respond to your comments. Hopefully most others will do that as well and you can have a nonsensical conversation with yourself. Enjoy! :rolleyes:

Now back to where Beard is going???

You are so far from the truth, it's rediculous. I do not have a grudge against you, it's just that I can take only so much of your comments/responses. You obviously feel the need to respond to any and every post, even if your response makes no sense whatsoever. The last couple of times I quoted you was to clarify a couple of things that you said. You are the one that took it as an attack and then flew off the handle.

Do me a favor....go back, re-read some of your posts and come back here and tell me who was more accurate in describing how you present yourself...you or Lance? I'm with Lance on this one!

I'll leave it at this and will do my best to not respond to your comments. Hopefully most others will do that as well and you can have a nonsensical conversation with yourself. Enjoy! :rolleyes:

Now back to where Beard is going???

I don't attack you, I never attack you first. So I may not be the best at wording posts. You never ask me to reword, you never ask me to expand on it, it's always negative. I'm not sensitive, i'm sick of being attacked. "continue with my babbling" tell me how else I am suppose to take that. I got nothing against you except for what you got against me. You say it's nothing then I got nothing. Just be nice about picking it apart and ask me directly to clear it up, not point out my errors or tell me I'm babbling. Like yesterday i contribute to what you say more questioning or just writing what is publicly known and you tell me I said i know everything. I don't. If you want no beef with me, then i want no beef with you.

As I said to Lance, the small teams can't afford him. Now before I get told I did not accept his opinion or that I know it all, I don't. Could Jim Dunn fork out 500,000 to pay beard, who knows? Personally, no disrespect, I do not know how anyone could drive that car, if it's stubborness of Jim wanting to tune alone he can't do it. He should be hiring Beard. I feel it's disrespectful to sponsors only having maybe one good race a year.

I would love Beard to be hired by the Greek, that will never happen. Again, Lucas only if they will allow him to build, but I really feel that Torrence may get him

Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, Steve Torrence already has a great crew chief in Richard Hogan. I think that team will be just fine.

Why don't you see Hogan going 3.70's? What information are you using to come to that conclusion?

He has never ran into the 3.70's that I know of in the 1000ft era. 1320 I know he's tuned melanie to a 4.45 but that was 1320 at about a 3.77 when we were not playing that game yet. I remember Virgil Hartman telling me on here tho, "A crew chief is capable of anything with the right people under him." So he may very well have the potential.

He has never ran into the 3.70's that I know of in the 1000ft era. 1320 I know he's tuned melanie to a 4.45 but that was 1320 at about a 3.77 when we were not playing that game yet. I remember Virgil Hartman telling me on here tho, "A crew chief is capable of anything with the right people under him." So he may very well have the potential.

I think he's a pretty smart guy and with a few runs at 1,000 ft under his belt I'm confident he will be competive.

I think he's a pretty smart guy and with a few runs at 1,000 ft under his belt I'm confident he will be competive.

We'll see. Top Fuel is so tough now I think that if you want any shot at making the countdown in 2012 you better know how to run a 3.80-3.84 consistantly at best when conditions are good. 3.90's we are seeing more and more that's it's not even a safe bet to qualify

Many people have said that Lee Beard does not interact well with people, including fans. Just going by what I was told....

He was fine with me, the one conversation we've ever had. I vividly recall standing next to him in the Denver staging lanes, when the 1st 1000 footer went down; we were like, "heeere we go.... this will be interesting"...I can't remember if it was a funny car or a rail or who it was. He was actually pretty pumped up to see what the #'s would be and he got, what appeared to be, a kick out of the scoreboard readout.

He's a hail of a tuner from what I see, and I wish him well. He won't be out for long

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back