Beard Released from CPR (1 Viewer)

Of course this is theory, but something tells me it's not easy working for Cruz, he's as bad as Morgas Lucas was if not worse with the revolving door of CC's. That and it seems like whenever they win he takes the credit, but when they lose everyone gets the credit.

Cruz and Tony will sink to the bottom again without a good tuner.

What does Tony have to do with it?

Different parts, different setup, different level of $$$$

If I got the gig to tune a car, you couldn't farm me out to tune a whole different team without a renegotiation of my rate...

What does Tony have to do with it?

Different parts, different setup, different level of $$$$

If I got the gig to tune a car, you couldn't farm me out to tune a whole different team without a renegotiation of my rate...

Tony has been just scraping by the pts 2 years! I'm suprised he runs the full tour!

I was surprised when Cruz brought Lee in. He had done well the previous year. I got the feeling from interviews that Cruz felt Lee would establish better crew organization and a better parts and car servicing program.

beard's quote spoken like the true journeyman crew chief he is.......
ALWAYS on the journey
wonder if terry re-upped with LB's consulting?
IMO cruz will be fine.

Last edited:
I also tend to believe that quote is true. Cruz has been through a TON of talented tuners over the past few years, and when that happens it's either working conditions or money that cause people to leave...

@009 T-Ped in the points lead, fires Kurt Elliot, Venebles walks, Tony Shortall steps up and runs the car well @ Brainerd. Stupidest thing Tony ever did was not pay Shortall what he was worth. Coulda had a couple to 3s finishes in the past3 years if he paid Shortall.

@009 T-Ped in the points lead, fires Kurt Elliot, Venebles walks, Tony Shortall steps up and runs the car well @ Brainerd. Stupidest thing Tony ever did was not pay Shortall what he was worth. Coulda had a couple to 3s finishes in the past3 years if he paid Shortall.

Yea Tony Shortall completely saved his 2009. IMO the stupidest thing Tony P. ever did was after E-Town this year. The car finally is turning around and they run an .07 and really turn around considering the start they had to the season and days after E-Town, Mike Guger is out. I think he could of made them top ten bound. Instead they went in reverse for the next 8-10 races after that, they are finally showing improvement.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back