Lee Beard Out at DSR (1 Viewer)

Not a surprise. I don't see Lee going to one of the smaller teams, they can't afford him. Also, as it's been said before: "HE DOESN'T PLAY WELL WITH OTHERS", he is a very hard one to work for/with.
The big teams really don't need him. If he was that good DSR would not have let him go - DSR is not dumb enough to let a major talent go unless there is a problem with his ability.

Terry Lee has more than proven what he can do. This does make since for Lee to run Forces top fuel team, John has said hes bringing one out. That would put their top fuel car in the hunt right from the start. wouldn't that be something john moving to top fuel with lee tuning.

Not a surprise. I don't see Lee going to one of the smaller teams, they can't afford him. Also, as it's been said before: "HE DOESN'T PLAY WELL WITH OTHERS", he is a very hard one to work for/with.
The big teams really don't need him. If he was that good DSR would not have let him go - DSR is not dumb enough to let a major talent go unless there is a problem with his ability.

All I can agree with is can't afford him. Last I heard he was making at least 500,000 thousand a year

Many people have said that Lee Beard does not interact well with people, including fans. Just going by what I was told....

Whatever happened to Beard's kid? Wasn't he racing or going to race A-Fuel a couple of years ago? Maybe Beard does it all on his own with his kid in the seat. I think that would be pretty cool.

And as for those saying some teams can't afford him ... the market dictates the price and right now the market is not that good ... working for somewhat less than he is used to is much better than sitting on the couch with no income at all.

-OR- Maybe he doesn't want to work anymore. Might be time to go fishing.

Many people have said that Lee Beard does not interact well with people, including fans. Just going by what I was told....

Interesting. I remember one year at GNV (2005) I had a few decent conversations with Lee, this was before Bazemore won the race. He's a very nice guy, at least he was to me. Maybe the people who informed you had some bad experiences? :/

Interesting. I remember one year at GNV (2005) I had a few decent conversations with Lee, this was before Bazemore won the race. He's a very nice guy, at least he was to me. Maybe the people who informed you had some bad experiences? :/

I will second that, Lee is a very nice guy. I notice most fans get the impression that if a Driver or Crew Chief is busy or does not go out of their way to say hello they are mean. He is very quiet if not like most of all crew chiefs. I talked with him in Bazemore's pit every year from 01-05 and in 07. I have no idea how anyone can say he's hard to work with, from 01-05 DSR Matco team had the same crew give or take 1-3 different crew guys throughout the 4 year span, he can't be that hard to work with. Plus he's a genius. I believe his best TF run at 1320 is 4.51 and I know his best 1320 fc run is 4.72, 1000 ft fc 4.04, never tuned 1000 ft tf, but anybody that can do that is worth his price

I know that 1996-2003. I first stumbled onto the sport in '98 and I remember force saying that comment I guess once again around 2003-2004.

Ah, gotcha! Probably mentioned it again because Whit was out of the Winston deal, though I think from memory Whit went and drove for Chuck Etchells after the Winston deal went away, which would have ended around the time period you mentioned.

He is a great crew chief and is very friendly when not super busy. He gets a bad rap from some internet jockies but the reality is far different.

I would like to see him with a new team....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back