TJ Resigns from DSR? (1 Viewer)

I can't say I don't blame TJ. I would be disappointed if I was TJ not to be driving on a regular basis.

I hope it's because he's got a ride lined up. Fuel racing isn't the same without TJ in a competitive car.

Really sorry to hear this, I would have bet that TJ would be driving the 3rd top fuel dragster if funding became available. :mad:

Really sorry to hear this, I would have bet that TJ would be driving the 3rd top fuel dragster if funding became available. :mad:

I'm guessing, but I'll bet the ride was TJ's, with Schumacher funding the team, and the "Massey Group" came back with some serious dollars, so Don couldn't say NO and pulled TJ out of the seat.

TJ gets pissed (rightfully so) and "resigns".

IMO

I was always a diehard DSR fan and cheered for them all,now that has all changed for all dsr drivers,hope DSR has numerous 1st rd runners up this season.

I'm doubting that I'll be rooting for the Massey car, but I don't understand the vitriol for the other drivers in the DSR camp. Perhaps they aren't so keen on this either.

This is exactly why I just can't seem to get excited about NHRA drag racing lately. It's not a sport anymore, nor has it been for years. It's all business, and it's certainly not anything about winning. It's advertising. It's that stuff you skip over when reading your car magazines. Teams don't exist to win anymore, they exist to keep the guys with money happy. Loyalty is a thing of the past and nobody that could make a difference cares. I've skipped the Sonoma race for the last couple years and think I'm going to Famoso this year instead. I don't pay to see the big guys run a business, I pay my admission to see guys who would bleed to win. Nobody like that left in fuel racing anymore.

This is exactly why I just can't seem to get excited about NHRA drag racing lately. It's not a sport anymore, nor has it been for years. It's all business, and it's certainly not anything about winning. It's advertising. It's that stuff you skip over when reading your car magazines. Teams don't exist to win anymore, they exist to keep the guys with money happy. Loyalty is a thing of the past and nobody that could make a difference cares. I've skipped the Sonoma race for the last couple years and think I'm going to Famoso this year instead. I don't pay to see the big guys run a business, I pay my admission to see guys who would bleed to win. Nobody like that left in fuel racing anymore.

Jim - i cant agree totally with you but i also share of the same feelings. Too much business certainly. But dont you think we have drivers who have the same burning desire to win as say snake shirley or garlits??

Disappointing move.
I see their Facebook page is in overdrive removing negative comments.
Feel bad for TJ - seemed everything had aligned and it was his chance to climb in, then along comes the last person you'd expect back in the seat.
As race fans, we don't have a say in how anyone runs their business, but I think trying to sell Spencer to corporate America will be a difficult proposition this season to any company that follows the NHRA. Not only that, race fans won't warm to him in a hurry either. If TJ were to land somewhere soon, it will be at Rapisarda's in a part-time second car.

Jim - i cant agree totally with you but i also share of the same feelings. Too much business certainly. But dont you think we have drivers who have the same burning desire to win as say snake shirley or garlits??
Barry, I agree my comments may seem a little harsh and I guess I'm just showing my age with some of my observations. But I can say I'm really sick of how racing in general is going these days. Maybe it's just age, but maybe it's something else. Maybe it's because I've been a fan long enough to know it wasn't always about reading your sponsor list and taking a fake sip of the sponsor's brand of drink during an on-camera interview. I don't have an answer for how to fix it, but I think someone smarter than me should figure out where this sport is going and soon. With all the talented and respectful drivers out of a ride, how in the hell does Massey just say "I'm sorry", hand over a check and get a top-flight ride back? Is money THAT important? I didn't mean to add fuel to the fire, just voicing my view that money shouldn't turn a wrong into a right. It's painfully obvious that big-money fuel teams couldn't care less about the fans, but they should at least care about right and wrong.

i don't blame him. He was looking for ride. Come we are all adults. He was looking for rode. It did not work out. I would say see you later too.

I'm trying to hold judgement until I hear TJ's comments on the matter but I agree with much of what you said Jim. If this is DSR's answer, it's just one more reason for me not to watch the fuel classes. :/

I'm trying to hold judgement until I hear TJ's comments on the matter but I agree with much of what you said Jim.

You won't hear Tommy say anything negative about this train wreck. He is a far better person than to sink to Spencer Massey's level.

But here is the deal. If DSR wants to be known as a team that employs drunken bigots and child molesters (if indeed Snow is financing this deal) that's their business. You will be judged by the people you align yourself with.

Let's hope some of their sponsors see it that way and move their money to other teams.

Well when Gray retires, it will be the same scenario. Johnny is funding that car, when he leaves, so does the budget. So for that car to be running in '14, I imagine a sponsor will need to be on board.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back