Breaking news: Beard resigns from rapisarda racing (1 Viewer)

Look at what the CRUZER has done without Beard.Everybody was callin out Cruz for givin Lee his walkin papers.Now people are hatin on Beard.Its a business decision.Cruz didnt like Beards tune up.Lee is going to a full time and probably higher financed team.Word is hes a better tuner on a T/F car.Be watchin to see how it shakes out!

I'm not Craig, but I have talked to fans who all said the same thing about Lee Beard, that it wasn't a very good experience with trying to interact with him.
I sat at the table next to him and his family one year at Saltys at Redondo when we were up for the Seattle race. He was tuning Fuller then and he could not have been cooler. I didn`t say a word to him when we sat down but he commented on my Cory Mac shirt and he got to talking about when he and Cory were on the McDonalds car. He had some really good stories about Larry Minor, that`s for sure! Everybody has bad days and good days.

At Vegas a few weeks ago, I personally saw Lee at the ropes being cool with fans. I also saw this at Sonoma a few years ago.

[QUOTEMost crew chiefs are math and engineering types, not rock stars like the drivers. When they are walking through the pits they are thinking about time, air, fuel, spark, weight, et's, speed and job security. The last thing on their minds is holding babies for pictures and signing autographs.[/QUOTE]

But you use to be a rock star:D:eek::rolleyes:

Now I'm auditioning for a spot on my new favorite TV show that never gets bumped for girls softball called "Diner's, Drive-In's and Dive's 2, Takin' Eating to the Limit".

You should come out and play when we get my car done.

And I'm not bagging on My friend Lee, He's cool, and He is the real deal.

Lee Beard is one smart dude.

No one got they're feeling hurt in the deal.

Last edited:
When I hear people dish dirt on drivers and crew chiefs that I know...I always have to wonder what they did that would cause them to treat them so bad, and yet that same person will treat me with nothing but respect.:confused: It must just be a timing thing.:)

R E S P E C T !!!! Show it, be polite, and remember, there is a time and place for everything.

And who really know, maybe it's a speed run to the porta-john because of bad breakfast...LOL

d'kid
(will work as gofer for a cup of joe, a slider, and a bowl of auto-dog):eek:

I've had several interactions with Lee over the years. I've never had an extended conversation with him but I've also not found him to be rude or disrespectful. My guess is that since crew chiefs don't have the same level of interaction with fans, they're not as comfortable or as good with that as most of the racers are. As some have said, they also have a lot more on their minds most of the time so they are probably not as focused on fan interaction.

in about 3 hours weather permitting we'll see how team capco w/beard
@ the helm fares.....2 chances with a new team/car/driver/combo.....that's pressure.

in about 3 hours weather permitting we'll see how team capco w/beard
@ the helm fares.....2 chances with a new team/car/driver/combo.....that's pressure.

So is this match up a reality? Cause I haven't seen anything saying Beard has joined the team....not even on Torrence's website.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back