Austin Coil Gone From JFR (1 Viewer)

Wish the best for Austin and Lisa. He has given so much to this sport, and John Force, over the years.
Hope he enjoys the time.

Good for Austin. He has definitely put in his time, and I wish him the best in his time off.

I would imagine this decision has been in the can for some time. There's a reason Mike Neff was brought into that Crew Chief triangle. Force, Coil and Neff himself have probably reached a point where they feel confident passing the torch.

Not a big surprise; they'll all be fine.

Not surprised by this also, Good for Austin. Thanks for the memories. Have a great time and enjoy life beyond drag racing.

When you think crew chief you think Austin Coil then you think of Alan Johnson. Austin Coil is by far the best the sport has ever seen. Great guy to, I remember meeting him and seeing his stash of toothpicks, even gave me one. Maybe that's the secret to winning.

A little surprised to be honest, I always pictured Force and Coil riding off into the sunset together. If/when Coil returns, it's gonna be odd seeing him in another pit. Best of luck to Austin, he more than deserves quality family time.

Good to see Austin going out on top and when he wants to. I wish him and his family nothing but the best in life after drag racing!!

He's given so much to this sport.

I'm betting he doesn't come back as a crew chief anywhere. I'm sure he's done and is going to enjoy his time. Just like Eddie and Ercie.

A little surprised to be honest, I always pictured Force and Coil riding off into the sunset together. If/when Coil returns, it's gonna be odd seeing him in another pit. Best of luck to Austin, he more than deserves quality family time.
I always guessed that's how it would happen too, especially since they have both said if one quit so would the other numerous times over the years. I wish Austin the best.

I think it is cool he can retire and relax a little. I honestly can't imagine doing this for a living for this long. Takes a certain person and some very supportive spouses/families at home-or traveling along, whatever the case may be. Very hard life to live even on a monetarily successful team such as JFR.
How old is Austin? Anyone know? (I am a terrible judge of age). And how old is his wife. Have they ever been photographed together? How sweet that he wants to help her now after all these years on the road. She has paid her dues too with his job. Her turn at the wheel, so to speak. I am sure he will enjoy every minute of it too, no matter what he does.
Best wishes to him~

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back