Austin Coil & JF (1 Viewer)

Lets face it, most Force fans, not all of them, but most have no idea! And are terribly blind to this BS!! The average John Force fan couldn't even tell you who Coil is!! Anyway, is John Force creating attention and getting coverage? Sure, and at the end of the day that helps his pocket. Does it help the way people perceive him? No it doesn't, he looks like a complete clown!! Unless you're one of those people who find John's behavior to be funny!! I lost interest in Force during the 90s. Since then, he's just got out of hand, it's like watching a bad comedy, not at all funny or entertaining. You can only laugh at ones stupidness and ego for so long before it gets old! And this John Force show is way past its use by date! It sucks, because there are a lot of interesting and talented people in this sport and it's a shame the casual fan isn't getting exposed to these racers/crew. Even some of the die hard Force fans don't recognize half the people out in the pit, just blind and ignorant types!

Back on topic: My friend was at JFR buying up stuff when the split happened. He was asked "Can you come back tomorrow?" My friend said it was quite interesting, and the way he put it, it came as a shock to most of the people at JFR that day.

that's a two way street - just like budweiser and the bernsteins - it was a
long relationship that served them both well.

I would agree with you to a point, but I dont care how good a driver or promoter you are, if you cant run fast, it sure wont get you where Force is now. Or where Bernstein was with Armstrong, or for that matter, with Tim and Kim Richards. I am not knocking Force or Bernstein, but the key point is still get to the finish line first. And I would also agree that the reason Coil is financially secure is because of Force and his ability to get the money.

Force readily admits he wouldn't be where he is without Coil. But, as many have said, it's a two-way street. Force created the marketing machine that attracted the money for these guys to build wealth. Coil always would have worked, but how many 25 year gigs has ANYBODY had in motorsports? It's hard to get that kind of run in any industry now. Coil said himself, his house is paid for and he has investments and security for life. He didn't do too badly.

Its just some drama that will soon go away. Had to be covered, and should be covered. Austin Coil deserved it. I tried to look at it objectively as a non Force guy and look at Austin's pedigree. I looked at it as Austin-coverage and not Force-coverage. Would have been better if Coil were around to talk for sure,but we had to have another Force intv. Oh well. Not only has Coil earned the right to do whatever he wants in his life, it's a right we all have (THANKFULLY!)

Like most partnerships that excel, this one had two people who each had components the other lacked.

Coil has skill, knowledge, and understanding about what it takes to make a fuel car run in a lot of different situations. Without it, John just didn't have the time, patience, and technical skills to win consistently, and would have spent years trying to get it right. A patient, methodical, student, John is not.

John can drive a car, charm the fans and, more importantly, promote for the sponsors. Without it, Coil wouldn't have have the best parts money could buy, and would have been frustrated by the need to raise the money. A charismatic front man Coil is not.

A great partnership, and like many, it ran its course. Fun to watch while it lasted.

Hate to say this....really do,
but I hit the mute button on the DTV remote when the Big Guy starts talking.

Just not making the connection anymore.

Nobody can touch his track record, nobody ever will, IMO.....and Charlie Sheen use to make $2 Mil. an episode.

If this is what you call "calculated marketing", I disagree.
I'm embarrassed for Force..
Force's self serving, self inflicted pity has spiraled down to nothing more than a west coast version of "Jersey Shore".
I'm an old school Force fan like everybody else, but this latest John Force BS as John Caran pointed out is just plain stupid, and is insulting to the intelligence of most race fans.

The empty chair? What a joke. I suppose there is a picture of Coil next to Force's bed that the camera missed.
I'm thinking JF has forgotten where he came from, and he believes that most fans will swallow this crap he's serving up. I would begin by fessing up and paying his staff everything he has taken away. That's how you prevent those chairs from being empty.

If I were Coil and Medlan, I would have left him too, and there would be no way in hell I would be coming back.

Lets agree to disagree, and leave it there.:)

REX

I think he is a showman.

At ETown in the 90's, all it took for a packed house was for John to headline.

and stand for hours on end making sure everyone was either satisfied with a photo with him or an autograph.

Even if it was 1am.

and people forget he could drive a fuel funny down a dirt road and win if he was behind.

ever think Austin and John made each other?

Many of you are so hateful and cynical, THAT is embarrassing in itsself.

I always remember one thing in these discussions.

People are human, and flawed.

and one more thing, someones child might be reading this.

I don't care for some drivers.....but you will never see me deride them here.

REX

Hate to say this....really do,
but I hit the mute button on the DTV remote when the Big Guy starts talking.

Just not making the connection anymore.

Nobody can touch his track record, nobody ever will, IMO.....and Charlie Sheen use to make $2 Mil. an episode.

A slight difference. Charlie is a person that pretends and gets paid top dollar, all while being a total drug addled loser.

John walks the walk, and has not saidone derogatory thing about the guy that helped him get to the top...........

Like most partnerships that excel, this one had two people who each had components the other lacked.

Coil has skill, knowledge, and understanding about what it takes to make a fuel car run in a lot of different situations. Without it, John just didn't have the time, patience, and technical skills to win consistently, and would have spent years trying to get it right. A patient, methodical, student, John is not.

John can drive a car, charm the fans and, more importantly, promote for the sponsors. Without it, Coil wouldn't have have the best parts money could buy, and would have been frustrated by the need to raise the money. A charismatic front man Coil is not.

A great partnership, and like many, it ran its course. Fun to watch while it lasted.

Smartest post on this of all.......

REX

If this is what you call "calculated marketing", I disagree.
I'm embarrassed for Force..
Force's self serving, self inflicted pity has spiraled down to nothing more than a west coast version of "Jersey Shore".
I'm an old school Force fan like everybody else, but this latest John Force BS as John Caran pointed out is just plain stupid, and is insulting to the intelligence of most race fans.

The empty chair? What a joke. I suppose there is a picture of Coil next to Force's bed that the camera missed.
I'm thinking JF has forgotten where he came from, and he believes that most fans will swallow this crap he's serving up. I would begin by fessing up and paying his staff everything he has taken away. That's how you prevent those chairs from being empty.

If I were Coil and Medlan, I would have left him too, and there would be no way in hell I would be coming back.

John has Zippy now anyway. A GREAT tuner and good driver.

BTW, I'm self employed for 30 years.

I rarely got close to my employees with much success, and when they quit, they always thought they were getting the short end of the stick, and, after reflection, wanted their jobs back.

yes, it hurt me, and yes, i rehired almost every single one.

I'm in business to make money, not to be adored by all......

REX

I have read a majority of the post on this subject an not one brought up the characteristics we all admire in our heroes, (1) Integrity (2) Loyalty (3) Compassion, and whole host of other things that matter in human relationships. Now maybe one might not think that incident in U.S. Nationals did not have an effect on Coil. Now one might not think the incident in Las Vegas when all Ashley had do is qualify for the event an did not qualify. Robert Hight goes on on to win the championship. Now here is a multi-million dollar operation and they could not find one motor to qualify Ashley. I think Coil left JFR because he was tired of the contrived BS that is forever going on at JFR. Just race the cars.

John has Zippy now anyway. A GREAT tuner and good driver.

BTW, I'm self employed for 30 years.

I rarely got close to my employees with much success, and when they quit, they always thought they were getting the short end of the stick, and, after reflection, wanted their jobs back.

yes, it hurt me, and yes, i rehired almost every single one.

I'm in business to make money, not to be adored by all......

REX

I'm also a self employed, small business owner.
I have 40 people working for me, and I wouldn't be where I am at without the contribution of 6 key people..
Personally, I find that my employee's happiness translates directly to the bottom line performance. I try to help them in any manner I can. When they feel secure and compensated, I find myself also feeling safe and secure. When an employee leaves my company for some reason other than to move on to bigger and better things, I never hire them back because there is usually a continuation of the same problems that I would just rather not revisit again.

I guess everyone has a different formula, and there isn't just one. I'm not ignorant to think I should advise anyone, or that my views work for everyone. One thing is for sure, when you reduce an employee's compensation, I hope that the reasons are worth the devastating effect on their morale. Also, if you ask an employee to take a pay cut, the employer better not be showing up at the workplace with the usual luxuries afforded the owner. It creates irreparable damage. I think if times are bad, the owner is the one who needs to suck it up to keep the company running with a positive attititude.

As to JF, who am I to know what his internal formula is, and he's a whole lot more successful than most, but one universal fact is that an employee as important as AC or JM making less money this year as compared to last usually means it's time to move on. I feel a business takes a leader, and then people who are great at what they do. It's a partnership, and one should never forget the people who helped them make it happen.

Last edited:
I'm also a self employed, small business owner.
I have 40 people working for me, and I wouldn't be where I am at without the contribution of 6 key people..
Personally, I find that my employee's happiness translates directly to the bottom line performance. I try to help them in any manner I can. When they feel secure and compensated, I find myself also feeling safe and secure. When an employee leaves my company for some reason other than to move on to bigger and better things, I never hire them back because there is usually a continuation of the same problems that I would just rather not revisit again.

I guess everyone has a different formula, and there isn't just one. I'm not ignorant to think I should advise anyone, or that my views work for everyone. One thing is for sure, when you reduce an employee's compensation, I hope that the reasons are worth the devastating effect on their morale. Also, if you ask an employee to take a pay cut, the employer better not be showing up at the workplace with the usual luxuries afforded the owner. It creates irreparable damage. I think if times are bad, the owner is the one who needs to suck it up to keep the company running with a positive attititude.

As to JF, who am I to know what his internal formula is, and he's a whole lot more successful than most, but one universal fact is that an employee as important as AC or JM making less money this year as compared to last usually means it's time to move on. I feel a business takes a leader, and then people who are great at what they do. It's a partnership, and one should never forget the people who helped them make it happen.

without people like you and I.....NOTHING would "happen"

Although I agree with you on most of what you wrote.

yes, i have hired people back, mostly to my detriment, but occasionally would hit a home run and their steadfast loyalty.

30 years and it's still workin':confused:;)

Different strokes........

REX

rex and george - i'm in same boat as you (smaller boat:eek:)
your comments are very accurate.......thanks

I think he is a showman.

At ETown in the 90's, all it took for a packed house was for John to headline.

and stand for hours on end making sure everyone was either satisfied with a photo with him or an autograph.

Even if it was 1am.

and people forget he could drive a fuel funny down a dirt road and win if he was behind.

ever think Austin and John made each other?

Many of you are so hateful and cynical, THAT is embarrassing in itsself.

I always remember one thing in these discussions.

People are human, and flawed.

and one more thing, someones child might be reading this.

I don't care for some drivers.....but you will never see me deride them here.

REX

Very well put

Force has my respect but when he mouthed off against Conservatives when it wasn't even necessary he showed his arse !

I got this picture of a has been Linda Rondstat doing the same thing at a Vegas Concert and half the audence getting up and walking out !

I won't pay to be belittled ! John has a good thing going but I get the feeling that it was about that time things started going rotten with Coil and Mediln .

They both got up and walked out !

Maybe someone will be able to come up with that Vid or the thread as it was the subject of it's own thread last year when the Health Care debate was Hot ?

It sure changed my opinion of John and he wasn't bashfull about putting it out there either !
He is still a great Drag Racer and I won't take that away from him.

Last edited:
rex and george - i'm in same boat as you (smaller boat:eek:)
your comments are very accurate.......thanks

Me too guys.Got the same type of boat/boats,may have a few more deck hands is all.In my 37+ years i have hired and fired hundreds.Seen good and bad....cash and no cash,but thru it all i have NEVER...YUP...THATS NEVER cut employess wages or benifits.Now, i have personally taken wage concessions many times....its a thing i think the owner needs to do if there is any belt tightning thats needs to be done.Never did believe....nor will i ever..think its ok to balance the books on the backs of my people.Its up to ME....its my companies,so i get up off my duff and make it happen.Just my 2 cents...

Well put sir. This post pretty well sums it up.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back