Austin Coil Update (1 Viewer)

I was a John Force fan from way back in Diamond P days .
I thought Austin Coil Walked On Water !

When John thought it necessary to bring up on the air what he thought about half the country's political views and how bias and stupid we were to think Fox News tells the truth he showed his azz as far as I'm concerned .

I don't blame Coil a bit for walking away from someone that unnecessarily calls the Majority of Drag Racers Idiots .

Attn, Moderator: Was this post necessary?

When John thought it necessary to bring up on the air what he thought about half the country's political views and how bias and stupid we were to think Fox News tells the truth he showed his azz as far as I'm concerned .

I don't blame Coil a bit for walking away from someone that unnecessarily calls the Majority of Drag Racers Idiots .

I'm unsure how you decided your views reflect the majority of Drag Racers?

Austin Coil won two championships with Frank Hawley in '82-'83! John Force hadn't won a race till AC came on board.

And if memory serves me correctly (and at my age that is always debatable), Coil was not doing the national tour again because of lack of sponsor money. Not trying to take anything away from Coil or Force---personally I admire them both for their accomplishments. Just saying it takes a combination of factors. It took Force's skill in the boardroom to provide the resources to showcase Coil's outstanding mechanical abilities. I will always believe they were both better as a team than either would have been on his own.

Lots of speculation going on here. "I heard this or that..." Only they know for sure.

They had a great run. And like all great runs time goes on, people move on and things change.

Did John actually make that kind of rant? How could one do what he has done in the only country you could do it in, and be a liberal. I will never understand these people.

Did John actually make that kind of rant? How could one do what he has done in the only country you could do it in, and be a liberal. I will never understand these people.

America is not the "only" country one can make a success in business, whatever the business is. "These" people? You must be a real hoot to hang out around. Predictable, but a hoot nonetheless.

America is not the "only" country one can make a success in business, whatever the business is. "These" people? You must be a real hoot to hang out around. Predictable, but a hoot nonetheless.

Not many others where you can go from minimum wage truck driver to multi millionaire.

Like it's been said, only they know the deal between them, it ends there. As far as who deserved what, that's also between them. But they were a great team, and let's not forget, it's Force's team, or company, his efforts gave Coil a great career. In addition to constantly finding funding, and keeping it, and finding more, Force is the one who strapped into these things for 3 decades.

Not many others where you can go from minimum wage truck driver to multi millionaire.

I don't know about that, New Zealands richest man was a tow truck driver and is now worth billions. I have read about him, he was good at buying up failing business and then turning them around and then selling them as thriving business. Heres an article on him Graeme Hart - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have met a few millionares, they didn't start with that money believe me.

How is this for a true success story, and guess what his daughter is a drag racer. Highly worth the 47 minutes to watch this video.

John Paul Dejoria at the College of Natural Sciences Entrepreneurial Forum - YouTube

Flip Kenny Bernstein made his money selling sandwiches. Before making it big in drag racing.

Last edited:
Like it's been said, only they know the deal between them, it ends there. As far as who deserved what, that's also between them. But they were a great team, and let's not forget, it's Force's team, or company, his efforts gave Coil a great career. In addition to constantly finding funding, and keeping it, and finding more, Force is the one who strapped into these things for 3 decades.

And that's the bottom line.
Well said.

Last I heard John said "Here's my number, call me, maybe...." (you know the song) lol....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back