Austin Coil Pt 2 (1 Viewer)

DRO: So were you responsible for selecting the champagne that they handed out at the Ashley Force announcement?

AC: No, hell no, and I wasn't responsible for the rot gut they served at the Christmas party either. I took one sip of the wine they had at the party and said, Oh, I have to go find a plant to dump this in. All the crew chiefs exchange little Christmas presents and it's become more a wine exchange. I brought five bottles down and took five bottles home.

I thought this was pretty funny!!:D :D

I wonder whether coil likes the fact that they are building a ford motor after being a chrysler man all those years and making all those inovations on chrysler engines.

Ialways wondered how much Alan Johnson made. 1 million is not bad. He probably deserves 2 mil a year imo!

With the financial problems Ford is having at this time I question why they need to pour money into this fuel motor project. Coil admitted the changes were very minor because of the rules. I hope for the sake of the other fuel teams that there is no significant advantage to making the switch to the Ford motor, could be an expensive deal.

Of course my favorite quote was from part 1 of the interview

AC: I don't think much of their new point system, but whatever.

: Why don’t you like the “Chase”?

AC: Because it makes luck a bigger factor than skill. You could win the first 17 races in a row and then do horrible and you wouldn't even be in the final four for the championship.

I wonder whether coil likes the fact that they are building a ford motor after being a chrysler man all those years and making all those inovations on chrysler engines.
Chrysler has nothing to do with the motors. They are all aftermarket blocks. You can bet Austin is the one behind the new motor and probably using fords name to gain acceptance from the hra's. I cant see ford pouring money into something that will not gain them any sales, especially with there financial problems, but if it performs will make john a ton of money selling them.

Chrysler has nothing to do with the motors. They are all aftermarket blocks. You can bet Austin is the one behind the new motor and probably using fords name to gain acceptance from the hra's. I cant see ford pouring money into something that will not gain them any sales, especially with there financial problems, but if it performs will make john a ton of money selling them.

I am well aware that they are all aftermarket engine but they are all based on the chrysler hemi engines . The engines they use are just an aluminium copy of the 426 hemi the aloy aftermarket blocks and the stock 426 blocks fit the same parts the only difference is bore and strock sizes and sometimes a raised cams . If I am wrong then please correct me.

Last edited:
I'm heartbroken Austin isn't into Zappa.

I must do what ever I can to change that. It is not right. The nitro Gods are angry. This cannot be allowed to stand!

However, dissing Frank Sinatra is a pretty good move, Austin!

-85% jimmy

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back