Breaking news: Beard resigns from rapisarda racing (1 Viewer)

I think if Lee gets to work for all the teams before he quits. He gets a official Wally Parks secret decoder ring with the hidden vanity mirror. ;)

How many teams has he worked for now?

WOw didnt see this coming,feel bad for Larry,hope he can get good cc,guess he is with stevie now lol

"This was a business decision based on what's best for Lee Beard," Beard said.

Haha...I'll have to remember this quote next time some hack is on here complaining about pro sports athletes.

I'll take a guess and say Mr. Beard got an offer he couldn't refuse.:D

I predict a few scenarios.

1. Beard goes to Torrance.
2. Beard goes back to Schumacher (in some fashion)
3. Beard goes to Force. (long shot I know)
4. Beard goes to Lucas
5. Beard retires. Well deserved.

You can't blame Lee for leaving, he was on a team that wasn't racing full time and the team where he is going runs 1 full time car and starting up a 2nd team. Best wishes to all.

Paul, to be fair, Beard knew the team were only committed to 14 races when he signed on. Same with Dixon. Imagine if Hogan ends up at Rapisarda's and Beard ends up at Torrence? The 'ol switcheroo.

Beard and Rapisarda are personal friends, so I hope for their sake this doesn't affect things too much and that it is indeed just business.

This past weekend, they had an awful showing in Australia. Beard isn't the weak link I believe - the Aussie team I imagine are still trying to learn the ropes of working with a Beard tuneup.
Perhaps the budget ultimately wasn't to Beard's liking?
Perhaps Beard isn't so keen on travelling back and forth to Australia, when he would rather be with a team that is more committed full-time to the NHRA. Sometimes, you just don't know until you're a few months into a deal to see how things are panning out.

It's disappointing news, as the Rapisarda team had procured a great driver/crew chief combo that could have really worked some magic by mid-year. **** happens. People change their minds, and it's likely that Beard decided that he'd rather be working on a full-time team.

I'd be more surprised if he doesn't end up at Torrences.

I'm not Craig, but I have talked to fans who all said the same thing about Lee Beard, that it wasn't a very good experience with trying to interact with him.

I didn't know that being a crew chief involved interaction.

Most crew chiefs are math and engineering types, not rock stars like the drivers. When they are walking through the pits they are thinking about time, air, fuel, spark, weight, et's, speed and job security. The last thing on their minds is holding babies for pictures and signing autographs.

I didn't know that being a crew chief involved interaction.

Most crew chiefs are math and engineering types, not rock stars like the drivers. When they are walking through the pits they are thinking about time, air, fuel, spark, weight, et's, speed and job security. The last thing on their minds is holding babies for pictures and signing autographs.

This is a great point ... as a fan I used to get the cold shoulder from most crew chiefs. So I changed my approach and starting catching the crew chiefs on Friday night a couple of hours after qualifying is over or on Sunday after the race is over and have had much better results. The worst time to talk to a crew chief, before round 1 on Sunday LOL.

Only a "D-Bag" refers to themselves in the third person.

I still like the video of Force confronting him on the top end in Denver. Beard looks like he's going to piss himself.

When I hear people dish dirt on drivers and crew chiefs that I know...I always have to wonder what they did that would cause them to treat them so bad, and yet that same person will treat me with nothing but respect.:confused: It must just be a timing thing.:)

Last edited:
When I hear people dish dirt on drivers and crew chiefs that I know...I always have to wonder what they did that would cause them to treat them so bad, and yet that same person will treat me with nothing but respect.:confused: It must just be a timing thing.:)

Timing is part of it. But you also know when to stay away and when it is OK to talk... Then there is the fact that you guys have something in common. You're both involved in the sport in a way many fans are not. I think that makes a difference.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back