Walsh Resigns from Monster Funny Car Team (1 Viewer)

What gets me is that towards the later half of last year they were getting better. Tuners don't become stupid, so what gives?

I hope Walsh lands on his feet... hoping for a J.R. Todd reunion.

What gets me is that towards the later half of last year they were getting better. Tuners don't become stupid, so what gives?

I hope Walsh lands on his feet... hoping for a J.R. Todd reunion.

I was kinda thinking the same thing, Sam. They were really getting it together during the back half of the year, but they add 100 pounds and suddently they're lost. I'm amazed at the monkey wrench the extra weight has thrown at some of the teams. I wouldn't think it would make that much difference, but obviously, it has.

Sean D

I was kinda thinking the same thing, Sam. They were really getting it together during the back half of the year, but they add 100 pounds and suddently they're lost. I'm amazed at the monkey wrench the extra weight has thrown at some of the teams. I wouldn't think it would make that much difference, but obviously, it has.

Sean D

Not trying to derail the thread.
Look at how the 100 pounds plus a few other things has seemed to help Tim Wilkerson.

Sorry to hear about Walsh and like people have said they don't get stupid over night. These over powered, traction limited monsters have to run such a fine edge that adding a 100 pounds can put some cars over center...

As for wilkerson, he was running over 100 lbs heavy all last year so it just brough everybody back up to where he was. This is not a knock as I respect the hell out of the guy and what he is doing.

jim

Jimmy had the car running well in the middle of the year last year. I am sure this will work out in the end for everyone involved. Good luck to Jimmy and Rick.

I think Jimmy should go back to tuning top fuelers and leave the floppers alone. Thats just my opinion. I hope the Monster team gets it figured out b/c I really like TJ and I dont like seeing him struggle.

I would guess Morgan Lucas has hired Walsh to tune JR's car, and assist Stewart.....

Not trying to derail the thread.
Look at how the 100 pounds plus a few other things has seemed to help Tim Wilkerson.

Like Jim said, it's a bonus to Wilk that he was already running heavy, but what "other things" are you eluding to, Ken? I thought the 100lb. deal was the only change that's been made.

Sean D

I just don't think things are great right now at KBR, and not just FC. A bad showing this weekend and the Bud rail could be on the bump spot in the Countdown. Kenny's probably not resting easy at night. They'll get it turned!!

"Sources indicate Walsh could return to the Top Fuel division with a familiar name."

Could Walsh be headed back to Tuttle's camp?

Wishing all parties involved the best for future success!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Loder
up nitro to 90%

Duh!!

Thanks, Alan! I guess age is catching up with me quicker than I thought!!! LMAO!!!

Sean D

I think the chassis is a lot stiffer with the modifications made after the crashes(Medlin/Force) as well. Changes always affect combinations differently. The new tire should prove interesting as well...........

I truly am NOT trying to be a jerk, but has ANYONE heard this from Jimmy, Kenny, Rick, or TJ or for that matter someone who will put their name to the story?

I mean absolutely no offense to Darr or Bobby and their sites/employees. I'm just curious.

Wayne :confused:

For what it's worth;
still nothing on NHRA.com or go2geiger.com
???????????

We'll see in a week! I would't want to be the one trying to please KB and his sponsors at this juncture. Good luck Rick!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back