Massey gone from DSR? (1 Viewer)

It is for reasons like this, that after Brad K. won the NASCAR Championship, and started guzzling beer, I was thinking that this probably isn't going to end well for him. Fortuneately, Brad ended up being a kind of an entertaining drunk, but apparently Spencer didn't and said some things that just can't be said these days. I'm sure no one feels worse about it than him. Hopefully, he will learn and some day get another shot since he is a heck of a driver.

You know, I was watching the post race coverage on Speed, and was amazed to see a feeling-no-pain-whatsoever Brad swaying back and forth a bit clutching an oversized glass of beer, and thinking myself "I wonder how this is going to turn out." Brad seemed to behave himself though. At least on camera. I was waiting for an anonymous hand to reach in and grab that thing from him. Never happened.

Why would Don bring in another driver or use T.J. when the car has no sponsor dollars?? It makes sense to move the Fram guys to Hagan's car.Ask Todd Smith..he was able to change and got a championship out of it.

I actually forgot about Delgado leaving. I don't think from a professional standpoint Phil or Todd may want to leave Top-Fuel given how stable of a tuneup they have mastered, but Todd has said to me something along the lines that he will go where employment takes him no matter how much he enjoys TF right now. Honestly, I just don't see Don going down to a 2 car team in TF, even if he had to slap Schumacher Electric on there for 2-5 races like he did with Jack's I think he would keep it going.

A better question: Of Don's 7 teams, do you think combined the ROI at the end of the year is enough to pay for 1 team flat out?

In fairness to Brad K, His sponsor is a beer company and he was drinking from a huge Miller glass. Plus he was celebrating a world title. And he didn't say anything out of turn or bad.

The word I got today that he had stormed out during Antron's speech, either throwing his drink and/or getting sloppy with it and splashing on others in the process. I don't know what was said, however; but, that he was let go on the spot.

Very unfortunated a real shame to hear about the Spencer Massey predicament-You never like to hear about such matters.

I've been wondering lately about newly Top Fuel licienced Leah Pruitt-Leduc?:confused: Hmm... One could only imagine^O^;)

I don't know noth'n, don't know anyone that knows noth'n, or anyone who wants to know noth'n:)

Last edited:
If he keeps the dragster going, TJ jr would be the one I would like to see in the seat.

......also on the tj jr. bandwagon.

Don doesn't let people go for no good reason. What happened is out there and you just have to go find it (Twitter during the awards banquet gave plenty of clues). What is a bad thing for one driver will hopefully open a door for another deserving driver like TJ and Dixon to name a few drivers who are looking for rides.

INHO, come February, we'll see TJ gripping the butterfly handles.

Add one more to the TJ bandwagon. :D

The responsibility of being in the public eye doesn't end at the finish line of the track.

One of the first things that Don stated in my brief conversation with him several years back, "as a driver, you're a representative of the company on and off the clock and have to conduct yourself accordingly." Leaves no room for off-color comments or questionable actions, you never know who is within earshot or who is watching.

It's amazing how many people don't that. As a spokesperson for a company you are always on the clock and with the constant availabilty to cameras and video your mess ups are quickly youtube ready.

Be aware and behave

Don doesn't let people go for no good reason. What happened is out there and you just have to go find it (Twitter during the awards banquet gave plenty of clues). What is a bad thing for one driver will hopefully open a door for another deserving driver like TJ and Dixon to name a few drivers who are looking for rides.

Paul, I follow SM on Twitter and didn't see anything like that...that I saw that is....lol

You know, I was watching the post race coverage on Speed, and was amazed to see a feeling-no-pain-whatsoever Brad swaying back and forth a bit clutching an oversized glass of beer, and thinking myself "I wonder how this is going to turn out." Brad seemed to behave himself though. At least on camera. I was waiting for an anonymous hand to reach in and grab that thing from him. Never happened.

He also had plenty of handlers to keep him in check, something that apparently Spencer could've used. They knew exactly what they were doing with Brad, and it worked like a charm from a marketing standpoint.

Spencer's lack of an explanation, defense, or any sort of apology is quite telling, IMO.

He also had plenty of handlers to keep him in check, something that apparently Spencer could've used. They knew exactly what they were doing with Brad, and it worked like a charm from a marketing standpoint.

Spencer's lack of an explanation, defense, or any sort of apology is quite telling, IMO.

Could be the handlers (crew) had already had enough.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back