Massey gone from DSR? (1 Viewer)

What I think of Massey is not important, but I personally am glad to see Mr Schumacher lower the boom if what I read is true. SM was in a top-flight ride with one of the best tuners and best crews and had a promise from DSR to run the car next season, even without outside funding and he couldn't behave after a few drinks? I'll tell you what, give ME the opportunity to sweep the floors in the shop that car sits in and you'll see 100% professionalism at every moment of every day! That dillweed had the job most of us only dream of and pissed it away...

Assuming there is fire beneath the smoke .....

At 30 years old, he should be pretty well past making significant verbal mistakes. I'm going to hazard a guess that this was not strike one ... for his sake, I hope all of the strikes did not occur during one calendar day. Gigs like his are at least as tough to get as the natural talent he appears to have as a pure driver.

Powerball is pretty big later this week, he may need to throw a $20 at that as part of his "digging out of a deep hole" plan ... it's the only way I'll ever own a pro stock team, so I'll definitely throw a president at it!

Prior to that move, he probably needs to, without describing his actions, publicly admit that he made a huge mistake that he greatly regrets and looks forward to proving it was an aberration of character. He skipped a chance to do this earlier with Bobby, knowing Bobby's character somewhat I'm sure that door will remain open for quiet a while.

Good luck kid, even if you get another ride tomorrow this episode needs to be something that comes to mind often and makes you grimace. A moral compass needs consistent reminders to keep it well aimed.

The responsibility of being in the public eye doesn't end at the finish line of the track.

One of the first things that Don stated in my brief conversation with him several years back, "as a driver, you're a representative of the company on and off the clock and have to conduct yourself accordingly." Leaves no room for off-color comments or questionable actions, you never know who is within earshot or who is watching.

Good point Erica, just ask Kurt Busch.

pb

Why did he mention Kurt Johnson?

Probably meant Allen Johnson. And I imagine the reason the camera didn't switch to Massey when Brown was giving him a shout-out is because it was edited out to avoid showing Massey in an unfavorable light.

Speculation, but I'll bet it's on the money.

Last edited:
ok, I watched it...... what is the awkward moment? Antron isn't the one who got fired....

At about 24:20 into the video, Antron was complimenting the FRAM team, yet no one was at the table except for Massey (they had all left).....that's why Antron said that Massey should pass along the compliments to his team.

this whole deal is actually very odd.
the comments earlier about he may have been on end of leash already?
for cryin' out loud, if your buddy is drunk and misbehaving, come to his
rescue; apparently no one wanted to rescue spencer.
not suggesting he didn't screw up, but left @ table alone?
seems a bit immature.

He probably would have been better off if it had been his team sitting at the table, might have been able to shut him up. And It would be great to see Clay in the car.

Or were they ever there to begin with? Phil Shuler (sp?) posted on YB that he didn't go, no reason in celebrating 1st or 2nd loser in his words.

Nice support from your fellow team mates/co workers,if that is what happened??

Last edited:
Contrary to what many think about Spencer Massey, you should know that his reported actions were totally out of character for him. I've known him for several years, seen him drinking, etc. He is good friends with my son, and they worked together on Morgan Lucas' A/F car. In all the time they've been friends, my son says he's never seen Spencer do or say anything close to what supposedly happened. Nor has he hardly ever heard Spencer even say anything bad about anyone.

My thinking is there must have been some extenuating circumstances and more that we know to cause this outburst. That does not, however, excuse what happened. I'm sure in the sober light of day, he feels terrible about everything. I have a feeling this will affect his career for some time.

BTW, he & all his crew got along great.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back