Massey gone from DSR? (1 Viewer)

I saw that also.

I thought I had heard Don say even with FRAM going away, the entire team was going to stay together and run regardless, but things change.

Maybe put Todd and Phil on Hagans car.

Okuhara is not gonna move off the Dragster, he loves it. I don't know Phil enough to say. Now let the rumors swirl that Dixon is getting that seat. Remember there's no sponsor on the car yet. I did not see Massey leaving, but who knows how it really went down. He may of left just to not look tied down and to keep options open. He could drive anything. As far as his comments, nothing but absolute hear say.

Wrong Beautiful Noise............It all happened after the awards ceremony. Some people shouldn't drink and talk............................

So, if the dragster stays parked, and Don says all I have is a F/C for you, Todd quits to find a different dragster to work on?? :rolleyes:

Last time I talked to Todd this class is where is passion is and he would like to stay there. If he had to I am sure your right, but remember his last year tuning an FC was not a very good year for him. 2008 - Scelzi

The responsibility of being in the public eye doesn't end at the finish line of the track.

One of the first things that Don stated in my brief conversation with him several years back, "as a driver, you're a representative of the company on and off the clock and have to conduct yourself accordingly." Leaves no room for off-color comments or questionable actions, you never know who is within earshot or who is watching.

It is for reasons like this, that after Brad K. won the NASCAR Championship, and started guzzling beer, I was thinking that this probably isn't going to end well for him. Fortuneately, Brad ended up being a kind of an entertaining drunk, but apparently Spencer didn't and said some things that just can't be said these days. I'm sure no one feels worse about it than him. Hopefully, he will learn and some day get another shot since he is a heck of a driver.

Really?
A whole lot of words, very little information, IMHO. \
The kid can drive a dragster though.

agreed - tough lesson to learn for spencer whatever transpired but not surprised; dsr is 7 pro nitro teams and they refer to each other as teammates;
well IMO they are not teammates, they are 7 individual teams with interchangeable parts; it is no surprise that annually 7 different drivers
are not 'buddies'. (baze/capps for example)
always liked force's reply when a while back he talked about bob tasca jr.
becoming a part of jfr, tasca told john thanks but no thanks, i want to sign
my own paycheck.

......also on the tj jr. bandwagon.

Last edited:
Don doesn't let people go for no good reason. What happened is out there and you just have to go find it (Twitter during the awards banquet gave plenty of clues). What is a bad thing for one driver will hopefully open a door for another deserving driver like TJ and Dixon to name a few drivers who are looking for rides.

Wow, if this is true, what a major blow to his career. Massey can drive, but so can countless others who would love that seat. If he really does have money behind him (Snow?) he may get a shot elsewhere, otherwise could be tough going.

Why would Don bring in another driver or use T.J. when the car has no sponsor dollars?? It makes sense to move the Fram guys to Hagan's car.Ask Todd Smith..he was able to change and got a championship out of it.

I seem to remember several interviews before and during Pamona where Don said that dragster was going to run, no matter the sponsor situation.

Spencer's departure is, of course, a radical change, but as has been noted Don has an extremely capable driver on the payroll with no seat. Wouldn't make much sense from my standpoint to bring anyone in from outside with Tommy there.

INHO, come February, we'll see TJ gripping the butterfly handles.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back