Massey To Drive Fram Dragster (1 Viewer)

I've asked this before and got no answer so I will ask again...maybe no one knows, but if Snow is backing him, why would he do it without anything to gain business wise. Is Spenser kin to him or something like that?

Why did he get rid of Cory?Why did he get rid of Whit?Why is he always low balling other peoples sponsors?Why would anyone tell a driver to take a dive?

1. Fram wanted a younger driver, read the press release and Cory's interview.
2. Matco left DSR to go to DPM and Whit moved to DPM with Matco (he did get out of the FC early, but was paid per his contract with DSR).
3. Like who? I bet these sponsors you speak of are having better success with Don than what they had with their previous teams.
4. Don has demonstrated multiple times in recent years his teams will race heads up, which is something you have to respect.

Everything happens for a reason, everyone on here should know that. Just sometimes that reason isn't clear until it's 20/20 hindsight.

Cory will land on his feet, he's resourceful and knows how it all works. He will be the prime focus of where one door closes, another opens.

Spencer will continue to be the very nice person and good driver that he is.

Good luck to all involved. 2011 is going to Be Exciting!! :)

I've asked this before and got no answer so I will ask again...maybe no one knows, but if Snow is backing him, why would he do it without anything to gain business wise. Is Spenser kin to him or something like that?

The "anything to gain business wise" is the happiness of the sponsor. They a) wanted a younger spokesperson and b) wanted someone who could put them in a better place to win.

Look at this post here. Cory's leaves-first percentage was not good: something in the .370 range. He had four holeshot losses this year. He had a car that ran well, qualified well, but couldn't seal the deal on Sunday. The round wins he had were mostly _despite_ a reaction time disadvantage. Hard to know for sure, but if he'd left better, it's pretty easy to guess that he'd have been battling for the championship.

I like Cory. Nice guy. Honest, friendly, good guy. But it wasn't working. And as he replaced Ace in the MickeyD car years ago, he's being replaced. To mis-quote the Birds: so the seasons turn, turn, turn...

I don't understand why everyone is so up in arms about this.

If you look at any period in drag racing history, the ONLY guys that have rides year-over-year are the guys who own their own cars. Snake, Garlits, Kalitta, Muldowney, Force, Bernstein, etc. Hired guns NEVER last in this game for the most part. The fact that Cory got paid to do it for as long as he did is equal parts extraordinary and a testament to his talent. Same for Whit and Capps. And I got news for you ... if someone 15 years younger than Capps showed up with a check at DSR, Cappsie would be out on his arse too!

The moral of the story is either be rich enough to own your own car, or have enough money to rent a ride. Otherwise, there is no crying over a lost ride.

I think it will be interesting to see where Spencer's RTs will be 1) after basically a year off and 2) in a different car (combination).......:)

Spencer is one of the very best all around natural drivers you will ever get the pleasure of watching take a car down the track, and he is a very nice person to boot.

Congratulations and good luck Spencer.

I think it will be interesting to see where Spencer's RTs will be 1) after basically a year off and 2) in a different car (combination).......:)
I am sure his RT's will be fine especially since they will not be setting the car up to cause crappy reaction times like they did with Cory ALL year. Cory's fate was sealed before the Winternationals it was a frame job all the way around.
It was Don's decision its his sandbox.Doesn't mean I have to like it either.

Last edited:
I am sure his RT's will be fine especially since they will not be setting the car cause crappy reaction times like they did with Cory ALL year. Cory's fate was sealed before the Winternationals it was a frame job all the way around.
It was Don's decision its his sandbox.Doesn't mean I have to like it either.

Wait wait wait ... you are telling me the team INTENTIONALLY set the car up to leave slow to make Cory look bad all year so they could get rid of him? And in spite of this malady, Cory led the points for a good portion of the season? You are connecting an extra-ordinary seires of dots there sir ...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back