Walsh Resigns from Monster Funny Car Team (1 Viewer)

Like Jim said, it's a bonus to Wilk that he was already running heavy, but what "other things" are you eluding to, Ken? I thought the 100lb. deal was the only change that's been made.

Sean D

Yes, I agree he was already 100 pounds heavy last year. I just meant that 100 pound rule change can definetely make a difference, 90% Nitro, having access to blower dynos, etc. has definetely helped his program.
Now back to....Walsh Resigns from Monster Funny Car Team.

I'm not trying to talk out of turn, but I do believe that Jimmy actually worked at KBR in Brownsburg Monday morning through Friday evening and then flew back to his hometown in PA to see his wife for the weekend, then caught a flight early Monday morning back to Indy. He lived at the hotel right down the street from KBR's shop through the week.

Obviously, the team was having some performance issues, but I think Jimmy's desire to spend time with his family is legitimate. Not to mention, I had dinner with him a few times and hung out at the shop with those guys and always felt Jimmy was a smart, first-class, open and honest individual. I've got nothing but respect for the man. I wish him the best and the same goes for everyone at KBR.

Jimmy is top-shelf and when you are the leader of a car that has one of the biggest budgets in drag racing and your car is a 'has been' or a 'leaker' it affects the team and your reputation in the fuel pits very quick so he did the right thing.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back