Erica/Busick (1 Viewer)

In her interviews she's barking at the keyboard warriors. I doubt that her crew is losing sleep over them. Not saying that there isn't some talk in the pits that goes on but it's usually what online trolls are saying that gets her sniping.
I hope I didn't come across as an online Enders boo-bird when I started this thread. Wasn't the intention; I don't go around talking smack about any racer or anyone, period, just to draw attention to myself. But there's quite a difference between a troll and criticizing somebody and in my opinion, Erica had it coming. I hate to see her shut down her social pages, however; I don't believe that was necessary and to any of those who simply decided to join a feeding frenzy, shame on you.

I truly don't want to see her become the Steve Torrence of Pro Stock, a great multi-championship driver whose attitude got the best of him, rendered him persona non grata in just about everyone's camp and every fan's living room, culminating in a situation that nearly cost him his Championship and a lengthy suspension. Being a true champion means more than kicking everyone's ass on the track. There's a difference between being salty like John Force and being a jerk. Torrence mellowed and now most everybody is fine with him. People can forgive. People WANT to forgive.

Mike Edwards: I'm not privy to trackside Pro Stock goings-on but I've heard the stories from those who are. Your statement that Erica's attitude to some degree can be attributed to other teams constantly trying to 'get in her head' makes a lot of sense. Still, she's a top professional and that comes with the responsibility of acting like one.

I have to admit I'm not an EE fan but only because I'm a huge Greg fan since before he won his first race. However, props to Erica for being the best Pro Stock driver for the last few years. Her reaction times have been consistently the best for a while, winning at times without the better car. I wonder how many of us would react nicely if at work on national TV we got a mic in our face after making a mistake. I doubt I would be all that graceful either. Some drivers just hide it better.
"Let's don't talk about that .067; Amanda; I'll fix it. After all I won the round and that's what counts." That's all that needed to be said. Gets the point across without offending anybody. It's when she snarled "No matter how many times you ask me. I'm the best there is; I've won five of these friggin' things in a row", followed up by " I just LOVE proving people wrong" that put the sour lemon in everyone's mouth.

But this will pass; such things always do. And the next time she wins another race I'd be in line to congratulate her. I may get that chance next month in Dallas.

Enders has always appeared to have that "entitlement" attitude. Good driver, no question, but does have a personality problem, perhaps a drama problem. Can't compare her to Shirley, different era, far different circumstances. And it's not a gender thing either, that crap makes me want to barf. Frankly she brings a lot on herself.

I never thought of it as chipmunck cheeks but more mousey look. Not that it's a bad thing. Reminds me of Jerry from Tom and Jerry cartoons.

And as far as "EE" goes, and "Erica" for that matter, both will always be Erika Elaniak first in my mind, LOL. Guess I'm from a different generation.

It is spelled Gregg. Not to get too technical.

Sure. 🙄
Time to move on in my opinion like I said; the girl isn't going to change her garlic-milkshake strong personality for us or anyone else. We've had our say about this incident; I don't feel any different about my comments - or hers - than before listening to that interview, which was pretty softball as far as Lohnes goes but he works for NHRA and she's a big NHRA star so he knew not to push it. Enders agreed to discuss it in public rather than hide under her desk or just flip the bird to everyone with a "don't like it, then lump it" attitude and that's to be respected.

I love your alcohol/nitro switchover comment....a perfect comparison.... LOL 👍

I'm not saying Amanda did anything wrong at all. But I'm not going to judge anyone for getting a little irritated when they are asked a question like that on national tv, and "probably more than once during that day" on one of the most pressure filled weeks of the year with all of their sponsors there watching everything going on. But what I will say about EE is that outside of the track she is a very nice young lady. Jim Dunn racing and Elite Motorsports were booked at the same hotels at just about every race on the tour while I was there, so I was around EE a lot on a weekly basis at the hotel restaurants or in the lounge, and she was always very courteous to her fans and to crewmembers like myself. She has a pretty quiet personality when she is away from the track, but she always took the time to sign an autograph if a fan asked for it and she always gave everyone she met a pretty nice smile even if they were just passing by in the hotel lobby.

Last edited:
I Saw that and didn't think it was such a harsh question! Did i miss Something? Remember the days when Erica was a nice Girl who was just glad to have the opportunity to race? She is slowly evolving into Shirley Muldowney right before our eyes.
She's been heading that way for years. She's a great driver but it's really getting hard to root for her.

This Scenario Reminds me of a Seinfeld episode, where George and Jerry could not understand why Elain kept getting incredibly upset because another woman kept asking about her shoes (they were wondering what's the big deal?). In this case we're referring to some stupid 'reaction times'. what is the big deal? Erica is reacting like Amanda asked something Personal like past relationship, or her weight. the response does not seam justified.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back