Erica/Busick (2 Viewers)

I Saw that and didn't think it was such a harsh question! Did i miss Something? Remember the days when Erica was a nice Girl who was just glad to have the opportunity to race? She is slowly evolving into Shirley Muldowney right before our eyes.
You type that as if it's a bad thing?

That was misleading and whoever Bland is justified it by prefacing it with "basically said" instead of just posting the video. To be fair, that wasn't fair.

Enders, who most certainly doesn't have to back up when it comes to her record and her driving skills, fought a degree of Muldowney-style prejudice when it became apparent she was on the cusp of being the first woman to win a national event. We all know about the Enders-Anderson rivalry and how he by-God wasn't going to be the first to lose a final to a woman. Her first win in 2012 silenced that; a bit of "Up yours, Greg" was justified and those who doubted her ability ate some crow but to this day, she is respected but not well liked among her fellow racers. Why would that be?

15 years of doing exactly what she did yesterday afternoon. 5 championships doesn't give you Carte Blanche to be a diva.
Now you don't like divas? Where do you think your entertainment for the last 50-plus years come from?

I'm working towards it Carl. I've lost 25lbs without trying in 2 months and am going in to have the tumors and cancer removed in a few days. How much intestine they take is TBD.

Erica has lost about the same, but still is called names, and has been working on it. So the name calling is not cool in my eyes.

All of the money in the world doesn't buy as many double O lights as she has accomplished either.

So yes, I am trying to make a point.

I'll leave on my own terms as well.
Take care!
Other than "acting like a spoiled kid" I didn't see any actual namecalling. I did see criticism that in my opinion is valid. And I hope you don't think I was suggesting you leave.; you're a valued member with as much right as me or anyone else to be here.

Wishing you the best with your ongoing cancer treatment. Seriously. I hate seeing people having to suffer through such an ordeal. Thoughts and prayers.

Other than "acting like a spoiled kid" I didn't see any actual namecalling. I did see criticism that in my opinion is valid. And I hope you don't think I was suggesting you leave.; you're a valued member with as much right as me or anyone else to be here.

Wishing you the best with your ongoing cancer treatment. Seriously. I hate seeing people having to suffer through such an ordeal. Thoughts and prayers.
Chipmunk cheeks? I'm talking about a few members here. None of this has anything to do with you at all Carl. We're good, ok.

I gotta hit the shower and haul butt to my Cardiologist too sign off on all of this mess.

And, Thank You. It's not about me either.

I'm late. Have a great day! ✌️

Now you don't like divas? Where do you think your entertainment for the last 50-plus years come from?
LOL
Well, you have a point. But I find lots of things and people that I don't necessarily like entertaining nonetheless. I find Erica Enders entertaining. I've rooted for her to win races many, many times. My daughter roots for her. Her driving skills and dedication to her job and to the sport are beyond question . But she's still a trackside diva.

My opinion only; away from the track when the pressure lifts she may be so sweet honey won't melt in her mouth. One could say the same about Warren Johnson.

Chipmunk cheeks? I'm talking about a few members here. None of this has anything to do with you at all Carl. We're good, ok.

I gotta hit the shower and haul butt to my Cardiologist too sign off on all of this mess.

And, Thank You. It's not about me either.

I'm late. Have a great day! ✌️
Back at ya, Ray. 👍

LOL
Well, you have a point. But I find lots of things and people that I don't necessarily like entertaining nonetheless. I find Erica Enders entertaining. I've rooted for her to win races many, many times. My daughter roots for her. Her driving skills and dedication to her job and to the sport are beyond question . But she's still a trackside diva.

My opinion only; away from the track when the pressure lifts she may be so sweet honey won't melt in her mouth. One could say the same about Warren Johnson.
ABSOLUTELY about WJ! :)

And she hasn't earned that? If a man lacks humility, noone cares, but once a woman does it, it's all over. The misogyny is ridiculous.
Good grief. Don’t even go there.
Are you saying EE has earned the right to be arrogant because she doesn’t like being asked a valid question?

LOL

I can assure you that WJ is fine @ the track and away from the track. 😂You never know what's going on behind the scenes in P/S and what's being said about EE. Don't think for a second her competitors don't try to get in her head if they can. Women are different than men on how they react to criticism (except Shirley).

It has to be incredibly difficult to do that many interviews and not sound repetitive. If a driver doesn’t like the questions, maybe they could give ideas or bullet points to bring up during the interview ahead of time? I’m sure they have something they would like brought up. I seem to remember Gary Gerould bringing up subjects, from time to time, that had to be fed to him.
I’m not sure why you would be offended at someone basically saying “you’re usually kicking a** on the starting line, is something distracting you?” It’s not like she just lost. Maybe thats a down side of being successful, you get tired of being interviewed. I enjoy how first time winners don’t want to quit talking. I believe it’s very unlikely that anyone here had an issue with it because she is female.

Last edited:
I have just one question. Does Amanda ask any of the other drivers that same question?
She's asked I don't know how many racers about poor reaction times, although mostly it's after they lost the round. Sometimes they bring it up to her. I can recall when Greg Anderson's RTs were erratic at one point (better now) and she asked him on several occasions if he had an idea what the problem was. He gave her a gracious answer, always owning the error himself.

But women are women and one isn't going to take criticism from another one, for sure not after a victorious pass. If there's any issue with what Amanda did, it was implied negativity which wasn't intentional but Erica didn't feel it was necessary considering it was a round win. I would have corrected her, carefully so she got the point but with nobody taking offense. But Erica has no filter and that's not even open for debate. She thinks it; she says it.

When EE and her sister first started racing they were taught by their father Jeff which is where the attitude came from (gold spoon syndrome). If you look at EE's sister on Facebook you will see EE's attitude is mild. She is a great driver and winner and should be recognized for that and her champships but a bad attitude doesn't have to be part of it. It's not professional.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back