Erica/Busick (1 Viewer)

That was misleading and whoever Bland is justified it by prefacing it with "basically said" instead of just posting the video. To be fair, that wasn't fair.

Enders, who most certainly doesn't have to back up when it comes to her record and her driving skills, fought a degree of Muldowney-style prejudice when it became apparent she was on the cusp of being the first woman to win a national event. We all know about the Enders-Anderson rivalry and how he by-God wasn't going to be the first to lose a final to a woman. Her first win in 2012 silenced that; a bit of "Up yours, Greg" was justified and those who doubted her ability ate some crow but to this day, she is respected but not well liked among her fellow racers. Why would that be?

15 years of doing exactly what she did yesterday afternoon. 5 championships doesn't give you Carte Blanche to be a diva
Who are you saying was the first woman to win an NHRA National Event?

I’m a huge EE fan. Honestly, in my eyes, she’s a top driver no matter what kind of car you put her in. Pro stock, Pro mod, MMPS, she’s incredible in all of them. She’s probably be a good nitro driver too, tho she’d probably get bored with it.

But what she said was totally out of line I feel like. Amanda was just doing her job. I even thought to myself when I saw that light that it was slow. Maybe we are just used to her being so on the tree. What’s the big deal about being asked about it? Drivers and Crew Chiefs get asked if the car’s performance falls off for a round. Why is the reaction time any different?

EE deleted her socials because of negativity. Mainly from a guy who runs a no name FB page that steals all its news from Competition Plus, Drag Illustrated, and Dragzine.

I think she gave him and others too much power. But everybody reacts differently and getting off of social media isn't necessarily a bad idea and a lot of people should consider it.

But what's confusing to me is for someone who deleted social, how does she know what's being said about her? Is her circle or team feeding her comments for motivation? Either way, every mention on a national broadcast surely empowers those trolls.

EE deleted her socials because of negativity. Mainly from a guy who runs a no name FB page that steals all its news from Competition Plus, Drag Illustrated, and Dragzine.

I think she gave him and others too much power. But everybody reacts differently and getting off of social media isn't necessarily a bad idea and a lot of people should consider it.

But what's confusing to me is for someone who deleted social, how does she know what's being said about her? Is her circle or team feeding her comments for motivation? Either way, every mention on a national broadcast surely empowers those trolls.

You don't think crewman don't talk or spread rumors. Come on, there's a lot of ways to get talk out.

I’m just waiting for the day when Amanda asks Doug Kalitta why they are struggling and he goes absolutely ballistic
🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
Doug Kalitta go ballistic? He comes across to me as a man who finds his house on fire, then apologizes to the fire department for bothering them when they show up to put it out.

For what it's worth, I hope I live long enough to see Doug finally win a national championship. Nobody tries harder; nobody deserves it more.

I kinda remember a while ago Erica was getting towed back to the pits and fans started booing her and she gave the crowd the finger, can anybody confirm this?

I kinda remember a while ago Erica was getting towed back to the pits and fans started booing her and she gave the crowd the finger, can anybody confirm this?
I think that falls in the "definite maybe with a possible or no answer" category.

Last edited:
You don't think crewman don't talk or spread rumors. Come on, there's a lot of ways to get talk out.
In her interviews she's barking at the keyboard warriors. I doubt that her crew is losing sleep over them. Not saying that there isn't some talk in the pits that goes on but it's usually what online trolls are saying that gets her sniping.

i recall this story ...... her method of selling her own brand is IMO quite different than most of her peers, and has polarized her fan base.

You tell me. 🙄

EE Racing still has a very active Facebook page where comments are posted. I follow it and get multiple updates every week.

EE Racing still has a very active Facebook page where comments are posted. I follow it and get multiple updates every week.
I was wondering about that. She made a comment on Facebook yesterday that I thought was silly and ignorant, but probably par for the course with her fanbase. I was thinking maybe it wasn't her, it appears I was wrong.

I don't know if anyone on here watches Stevie Jackson's live Youtube channel. He does it generally every other Tuesday at 7:30est except he did it last night because of Indy. It's Stevie, Lyle Barnett and Courtney Enders. They had Matt Hartford on for an interview. Want to talk about a totally down to earth guy, he's the one! Anyhow, the topic came up about Erica's interview with Amanda and his response was absolutely perfect. Fast foward to 1hr-20mins but recommend watching the whole interview with him. Note: this is not a PG-13 show that you would see on ABC! The Brian Lohnes one was very good also. Enjoy.

I don't know if anyone on here watches Stevie Jackson's live Youtube channel. He does it generally every other Tuesday at 7:30est except he did it last night because of Indy. It's Stevie, Lyle Barnett and Courtney Enders. They had Matt Hartford on for an interview. Want to talk about a totally down to earth guy, he's the one! Anyhow, the topic came up about Erica's interview with Amanda and his response was absolutely perfect. Fast foward to 1hr-20mins but recommend watching the whole interview with him. Note: this is not a PG-13 show that you would see on ABC! The Brian Lohnes one was very good also. Enjoy.
Yes, perfect answer! Thank you for sharing!

thanks for the link joe, had to listen carefully, as matt spoke soft and succinctly. great guy. wish him all the best going forward 👏💯

Last edited:
I have to admit I'm not an EE fan but only because I'm a huge Greg fan since before he won his first race. However, props to Erica for being the best Pro Stock driver for the last few years. Her reaction times have been consistently the best for a while, winning at times without the better car. I wonder how many of us would react nicely if at work on national TV we got a mic in our face after making a mistake. I doubt I would be all that graceful either. Some drivers just hide it better.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back