Connolly/KJ Top End (1 Viewer)

ReactionTimes

Nitro Member
What happened between Connolly and KJ at the end of their race? I heard Dave talking about it and saw KJ shaking his head, but I missed what happened. I thought they would replay it, but either I missed that, too or they didn't show it again. Anyone catch it and can put it on YouTube? :D:p

Sounds like KJ did not see Dave because of his scoop blocking the way making the turn, and he got into the side of DC and turned him around on accident- When DC first got out of the car, he was pretty hot becasue he thought KJ did it on purpose.

Nah Espn/NHRA wont show that,they seem to avoid any crashes.

Interesting point. I watched the Indy qualifying show in Saturday and I saw the NASCAR brats spinout and rivalry commercial about 20 times.. They were not avoiding it - they were promoting it!

I doubt any camera would have been focussed there at the time

i read about this over at the comp plus board and found it hard to believe. Kurt did comment that Connolly took a long time to stage but everyone knows the 2nd driver in has 7 secs or he gets timed out so i'm guessing kj was complaining about connolly taking forever to light the pre stage bulb. intentionally spinning a car on the turn off is so unlike kurt but if he did do that then someone from cagnazzi really needs to go over and have a talk with him !!

I saw the cars getting real close on the Motel 6 Vision but then the camera crew cut back to the starting line for the next pair. I looked down and saw something happened but nobody around us had any binoculars. In the winners circle, Alan Reinhart asked Dave about it and he said something to the affect of, 'it was just an accident. At first I thought he did it on purpose but Kurt and I are friends and we talked it out and everything is fine.' Then he added a funny/joking statement that had the crowd laughing which went something like, "had it been Kurt's old man, we probably would have been rolling around in the grass with no questions asked. But it wasn't, it was Kurt and everything is all good." We all got a good laugh from that one.

Rumor has it that if the crew guy hadn't been in the way getting Connolly's chute up,KJ was going to total the car.:rolleyes:

Why the hell do people spread rumors like this? What purpose did that post serve?

It was a joke(note the:rolleyes:) I'm as big a WJ/KJ fan as there is and I know KJ would never do anything like that. I guess you don't get my sense of humor huh?:rolleyes: Another joke there Dave.:D

It was a joke(note the:rolleyes:) I'm as big a WJ/KJ fan as there is and I know KJ would never do anything like that. I guess you don't get my sense of humor huh?:rolleyes: Another joke there Dave.:D

Mike, for what it's worth, I knew exactly where you were coming from and knew you were just funnin' the masses. I had a little chuckle at your gag. :D

I was bummed to see KJ go out.

Mike, for what it's worth, I knew exactly where you were coming from and knew you were just funnin' the masses. I had a little chuckle at your gag. :D

I was bummed to see KJ go out.

Thanks,glad somebody got it.:rolleyes: I was bummed myself with that loss to Connolly. KJ wins that round,he's in first with the 30 bonus points instead of GA. That 30 points could be huge,we'll see how it shakes out,let the games begin.

Funny: a large group of us had dinner Sun. in Indy. While discussing safety issues I suggested they need to go to clear hood scoops with NO decals allowed on them. Never a good thing to obstruct a drivers vission.

Another point made was the need to ban (non see thru) logo's on drivers visors.

Funny: a large group of us had dinner Sun. in Indy. While discussing safety issues I suggested they need to go to clear hood scoops with NO decals allowed on them. Never a good thing to obstruct a drivers vission...

Those plexiglass carbs and transparent aluminum manafolds keep getting bounced at tech tho....;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back