Connolly Goe$ To Vega$ $$$$$$$$$ (1 Viewer)

I have multi NHRA/IHRA & NMCA National records,runner up @ IHRA Spring Nationals, I have been out of the bleachers. I get tired of your I'm the only one who has raced attitude.

You ever win without some luck on your side? I can't help it if you come off as a fan that hasn't been in Greg's position. I can't find you listed on any sites Mike, I had wanted to see these records. I got nothing on Google either.

Last edited:
You ever win without some luck on your side? I can't help it if you come off as a fan that hasn't been in Greg's position. I can't find you listed on any sites Mike, I had wanted to see these records. I got nothing on Google either.

I'll make it easy for you.

4/14/73 NHRA M/SA Nat'l Record= Phenix City,Al
9/16/73 NHRA O/SA Nat'l Record=Gainesville,Fl
Participated in 1973 NHRA World Finals in Amarillo,Tx by invitation only
5/4/75 IHRA U/SA Nat'l Record=411 Dragway,K'ville,Tn
8/5/75 IHRA U/SA Nat'l Record= Atlanta,Ga
9/29/75 IHRA U/SA Nat'l Record=Bristol,Tn
5/21/94 NMCA H Top Stock Nat'l Record=Atlanta,Ga
10/7/94 NMCA H Top Stock Nat'l Record=Memphis,Tn

You have a habit of calling people out over their racing careers. I have raced,I know what it takes and what it is. Besides,if I had NEVER been down a dragstrip,I still have my opinions,just like you. Google all you want if it means that much to you but you picked on the wrong guy this time.

Last edited:
(Imitating Rich Christenson from pinks)

Bob,would you agree that Mike outperformed you in that last post?
What are you looking for to use in your next post here?

NEXT!!!!!!!

You have a habit of calling people out over their racing careers. I have raced,I know what it takes and what it is. Besides,if I had NEVER been down a dragstrip,I still have my opinions,just like you. Google all you want if it means that much to you but you picked on the wrong guy this time.

Excuse the way off topic post but, cool on 411 Dragway. First track I've ever been to, 20 miles away from my hometown of Maryville, and is currently owned and operated by a Maryville native I've known since I was a kid.

411 Dragway

You don't happen to remember Maryville Dragway? I was a kid when it closed. It's a small, private airstrip neighborhood now. Garages connected to the runway designed for planes with cars under the wings.

Last edited:
Excuse the way off topic post but, cool on 411 Dragway. First track I've ever been to, 20 miles away from my hometown of Maryville, and is currently owned and operated by a Maryville native I've known since I was a kid.

411 Dragway

You don't happen to remember Maryville Dragway? I was a kid when it closed. It's a small, private airstrip neighborhood now. Garages connected to the runway designed for planes with cars under the wings.

Ron,no I don't remember anything about Maryville and the only time I was @ 411 was for an IHRA points race. One thing I do remember about coming back home from 411 was,I hit the curb on a bridge and had the whole rig sideways. I could read the name on each side of the race car as it swapped lanes back and forth. The closest I ever came to wrecking without wrecking.:p

Last edited:

thats very impressive mike! congrats on your accoplishments! some people on here think they are pros at everything and THIER opinion is the ONLY one. those are the same people who would never say these posts to the persons face either. again nice stats over a 21 yr period!

So you do know luck plays a part in winning! That was my point. You knock Greg for his comment and you are entitled to do so just as I am entitled to tell you that you sound like someone that's never raced and doesn't have a clue.:rolleyes:

So you do know luck plays a part in winning! That was my point. You knock Greg for his comment and you are entitled to do so just as I am entitled to tell you that you sound like someone that's never raced and doesn't have a clue.:rolleyes:

I think it's a combination of doing better on average than the rest of the field, but that you can never discount a little luck. What's the old saying? Better lucky than good? The saying I/we developed while bracket racing is "If it's your day, you can't lose (you can drop a square peg through a round hole). If it's not your day, no matter what you do, you're not going to win (you can't get a round peg through a round hole with a hammer!) :D

If Connolly caught Greg on a day when his combination of E.T. and reaction times were worse than his average package then, I don't think it's a put down to say that he was "lucky." Many of us believe that the new points system will allow a driver to win a championship based more on luck and less on their season long overall average of performance, all in the name of viewership. Screw the drivers if it makes it more interesting for the fans.

Whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats very impressive mike! congrats on your accoplishments! some people on here think they are pros at everything and THIER opinion is the ONLY one. those are the same people who would never say these posts to the persons face either. again nice stats over a 21 yr period!

Thanks Jeff,no big deal,I was just doing something I really enjoyed. I actually had more Nat'l Records than that but after going through 2 divorces,some got lost.:mad:

Last edited:
I think it's a combination of doing better on average than the rest of the field, but that you can never discount a little luck. What's the old saying? Better lucky than good? The saying I/we developed while bracket racing is "If it's your day, you can't lose (you can drop a square peg through a round hole). If it's not your day, no matter what you do, you're not going to win (you can't get a round peg through a round hole with a hammer!) :D

If Connolly caught Greg on a day when his combination of E.T. and reaction times were worse than his average package then, I don't think it's a put down to say that he was "lucky." Many of us believe that the new points system will allow a driver to win a championship based more on luck and less on their season long overall average of performance, all in the name of viewership. Screw the drivers if it makes it more interesting for the fans.

Or, somtimes even a blind squirrel finds a nut!

I'm not knocking Dave. He earned that win. It's a damn shame that lane choice would define the winner. You would think that at the biggest event of the year they wouldn't allow that to happen. I don't think Greg was whining. He was voicing his disappointment about the track conditions and he is right.

Mike, congrats on all the wins. I had J stock in 1971 but never traveled out of the mid-west. And like you, prior to the divorce she destroyed everything. Smashed all the trophies, tore up all the paperwork so I have nothing left but memories and a few photos that she missed.

I'm not Greg Fan but I do have some respect for him. He has said this sysme sucks from the beginning rather then some people who have flip flopped depending on if the system was working for them or not.

I do hope Dave wins the championship but only if he catches him in overall season points. If you needed help to catch him then you really didn't catch him.

Regarding the Countdown.....

Hot Rod...... will be the one that gets hosed if he doesnt win the championship. I'm all for the Countdown, but he has been leading the points most of the year.

Go Dave... Go Jeg..... Beat the Summit babies....

Go JFR...... Ashley needs more runs and now she can prepare for next season and run hard. Robert, has a shot at a title and so does John, cany wait to see them at Memphis....

Regarding the Countdown.....

Hot Rod...... will be the one that gets hosed if he doesnt win the championship. I'm all for the Countdown, but he has been leading the points most of the year.

Go Dave... Go Jeg..... Beat the Summit babies....

Go JFR...... Ashley needs more runs and now she can prepare for next season and run hard. Robert, has a shot at a title and so does John, cany wait to see them at Memphis....

Damon, I agree 100%. Welcome to the 'Mater.

How can you respect someone when they hide behind curtains..... its silly elementary crap. Be a stand up guy, like the rest of the NHRA.

I'm not Greg Fan but I do have some respect for him. He has said this sysme sucks from the beginning rather then some people who have flip flopped depending on if the system was working for them or not.

I do hope Dave wins the championship but only if he catches him in overall season points. If you needed help to catch him then you really didn't catch him.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back