Connolly Goe$ To Vega$ $$$$$$$$$ (1 Viewer)

I don't think Greg was whinning but if I had worked hard all year for a 200 point lead then have it wiped away because of some stupid points system, I would cry a river.
How would you like it if you worked hard on your job all year only to have them give your bonus to someone else?

How can you respect someone when they hide behind curtains..... its silly elementary crap. Be a stand up guy, like the rest of the NHRA.

Liek I said from the beginning he has spoken out against it. Granted not as loudly as people like me but he has. Other drivers have come out against it, then switched when they weren't doing well. Some have admitted their like or dislike depended on how it affected them. TO me that alone speaks as to why the countdown is bad.

Am I a Greg fan, nope, but I appreciate his honesty and consistancy on this. I don't like the curtains but since I don't go by his pits I don't care either. its just gamesmanship but like the secret towel back in the 80's.

I'm a Die hard WJ/KJ fan and I also cheer for the cagnazzi boys as well. I would love it if any of them won the championship but only if they score more points over the entire season, other wise to me, its pointless and meaningless

It's a damn shame that lane choice would define the winner. You would think that at the biggest event of the year they wouldn't allow that to happen. I don't think Greg was whining. He was voicing his disappointment about the track conditions and he is right.

There's been quite a bit of junk talked on here about the whole "one-lane track" at Indy, but:

1. Low e.t. of Top Fuel eliminations came out of that lane.
2. Manzo won the final in that lane.
3. Both fuel finals were in the process of being won out of that lane prior to mechanical failure.

Hell, I'm not sure, but didn't Thacker even win out of that lane? Plus, I thought I read on here where someone said that all the pros did their testing in the left lane the week prior, and if that's true, that doesn't necessarily mean the right lane was junk, it may just mean they didn't take the opportunity to get some data for that lane. It's obvious by what I mentioned above that the right lane wasn't completely junk. Maybe it just wanted something different.

Sean D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back