Erica/Busick (1 Viewer)

This Scenario Reminds me of a Seinfeld episode, where George and Jerry could not understand why Elain kept getting incredibly upset because another woman kept asking about her shoes (they were wondering what's the big deal?). In this case we're referring to some stupid 'reaction times'. what is the big deal? Erica is reacting like Amanda asked something Personal like past relationship, or her weight. the response does not seam justified.
YES - THIS.

Just from random talking with neighboring fans in the stands, I've heard more bad about Enders from the females than the males. That's why I don't buy the "gender" thing. From my own work experience over the years, in both blue- and white-collar positions, women are often the harshest critics of other women. Not men complaining about the women. Most men I have worked with couldn't care less.

There's a reason that old saying goes about holding a grudge harder and longer than a Confederate WIDOW, LOL

And since you brought up Seinfeld, let me add with this: 😀
1694380469179.png

Grumpy Jenkins
Dandy Dick Landy
Gentleman Joe Shubeck
Professor Warren Johnson
Erica could use a nickname, but I don’t want to use the “ B” word… any suggestions?

sure hope nhra/fox can retain amanda. she sure seems like an ultra driven and positive person. .02 guess is she's getting other offers by now?
love watching her and clay millican interact whenever clay has a win, and jumps outta' car with his youtube camera going.

Let’s use the “C” word instead. CHAMPION

C also stands for Catty, Cranky, Cantankerous, Crotchety, Cry-baby, Crabby, Crude, and Coarse to name a few.

Why not say the Princess of Pro-Stock? Princess could be used complimentary (another c word) and also tongue in cheek (hmm Cheeky????)

Worked with a woman for 11 years and her supervisor/team leader called her "princess". She was so self-absorbed she didn't realize he was half-teasing her at the same time.

Good grief. Don’t even go there.
Are you saying EE has earned the right to be arrogant because she doesn’t like being asked a valid question?
I've witnessed plenty. She has a right to disagree with the question and react however she wants.

She's asked I don't know how many racers about poor reaction times, although mostly it's after they lost the round. Sometimes they bring it up to her. I can recall when Greg Anderson's RTs were erratic at one point (better now) and she asked him on several occasions if he had an idea what the problem was. He gave her a gracious answer, always owning the error himself.

But women are women and one isn't going to take criticism from another one, for sure not after a victorious pass. If there's any issue with what Amanda did, it was implied negativity which wasn't intentional but Erica didn't feel it was necessary considering it was a round win. I would have corrected her, carefully so she got the point but with nobody taking offense. But Erica has no filter and that's not even open for debate. She thinks it; she says it.
I like no filter!

Confession time.

I don’t race much anymore because I’m usually too busy running the kids JR cars but yesterday I thought I’d run just for the fun of it. Last race of the year at one of my home tracks.

Well, 5 rounds later I find myself in the final. The car had been running spot on every run.

Left fine, thought the tree was decent got down there and it was close but the win light didn’t come on.

Get time slip
The car was only 1 off the dial…OK
Look at the RT.

.101 🫣

Quick math in my head told me I only needed a .078 to win the race. I honestly thought crap! If only I had Erica’s light everybody (ok not everybody and certainly not myself) was so up in arms about I would have won the damn race! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Anyway, I suck. 😜

Go Erica! 👍

Confession time.

I don’t race much anymore because I’m usually too busy running the kids JR cars but yesterday I thought I’d run just for the fun of it. Last race of the year at one of my home tracks.

Well, 5 rounds later I find myself in the final. The car had been running spot on every run.

Left fine, thought the tree was decent got down there and it was close but the win light didn’t come on.

Get time slip
The car was only 1 off the dial…OK
Look at the RT.

.101 🫣

Quick math in my head told me I only needed a .078 to win the race. I honestly thought crap! If only I had Erica’s light everybody (ok not everybody and certainly not myself) was so up in arms about I would have won the damn race! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Anyway, I suck. 😜

You'd better work on your lights, Paul.... LOL

Speaking of Amanda Busick, I guess she's on vacation, maternity leave or something. She's been out the last 2 races. Hope she didn't leave.

I actually like both the question and the answer.

Amanda should be asking more hard questions like that, drawing on stats and events specific to each racer. There’s only so many times you can ask, “What does this round win mean to you?”

Of course, that means also being prepared for racers to fire back. I like that Erica wasn’t afraid to drop some bombs in return.

Amanda as a journalist shouldn’t be afraid to keep up the line of questioning in coming shows, and Erica shouldn’t be afraid to come up with good replies. It makes for far better TV.
Agreed. Amanda asks the same dumb questions in the same dumb way. And most of the time racers don’t answer it. They just talk about something else. Maybe she should ask what their favorite tree is😂😩

It has to be incredibly difficult to do that many interviews and not sound repetitive. If a driver doesn’t like the questions, maybe they could give ideas or bullet points to bring up during the interview ahead of time? I’m sure they have something they would like brought up. I seem to remember Gary Gerould bringing up subjects, from time to time, that had to be fed to him.
I’m not sure why you would be offended at someone basically saying “you’re usually kicking a** on the starting line, is something distracting you?” It’s not like she just lost. Maybe thats a down side of being successful, you get tired of being interviewed. I enjoy how first time winners don’t want to quit talking. I believe it’s very unlikely that anyone here had an issue with it because she is female.
Why is it difficult to ask questions and not be repetitive?? Look back on Steve Evans interviews. Bruno, who is not a professional announcer asks good question. Amanda is just not good at her job.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back