Pro Mod Parity Adjustment (1 Viewer)

Not surprised at this. Yellow Bullet has been keeping an NHRA parity chart on the 3 power adders showing the Nitrous cars have struggled big time this year.

so like in America, instead of having others step up to be the best
we will lower the standards for the ones that can not keep up

"Based on performance numbers from the first three races of the NHRA J&A Service Pro Mod Racing Series, the NHRA Technical Department is decreasing the allowable minimum weight on Nitrous assisted entries by 25 pounds.This weight will be divided in two and then added to each of the Vance and Hines Harley Davidsons...."

so like in America, instead of having others step up to be the best
we will lower the standards for the ones that can not keep up

Well, for the most part it is cheaper to switch to the hot setup than it is to keep developing whichever power plant you use, not to mention if you keep your original power plant, you are no longer competitive. NHRA/J+A Pro Mod should do everything they can to keep parity, otherwise the class would be ALL one type of power plant pretty soon, which make Pro Mod pretty boring compared to what it is now.

NHRA/J+A Pro Mod should do everything they can to keep parity, otherwise the class would be ALL one type of power plant pretty soon, which make Pro Mod pretty boring compared to what it is now.

Agreed. Not the first time the NHRA or other sanctioning bodies have decreased or added weight to retain parity in the class (the PDRA recently dropped the weight for Pro Boost Supercharged cars by 50 lbs.) IMHO, Pro Mod is THE most exciting class in drag racing and hopefully this will create a more even playing field within the class.

Sometimes I wish NHRA would adopt the PDRA format: Pro Xtreme, Pro Nitrous, Pro Boost. Those 3 classes provide some really good racing. My favorite is actually Pro Nitrous, especially at night. Big flames coming out of the exhaust, reminds me so much of the funny cars back in the 70's. Hmmmmm, somebody put up some $$$ for the first Pro Xtreme to go 280 and the first to run 5.30's.....

It would be interesting to see how weather effects the numbers for each power plant. Is this something that needed to change after only 3 races or would it even out over a year.

When is NHRA gonna learn "parity" doesn't work. It didn't work on pro/comp, it doesn't work in P/S bike, it doesn't work in promod. They are supposed to be pro classes, run them as such.

Just like in PS right now, GM has the advantage and everyone has switched over, except AJ. If Mopar comes around NHRA will "factor" them right back to losing.

Just like in PS right now, GM has the advantage and everyone has switched over, except AJ. If Mopar comes around NHRA will "factor" them right back to losing.

When Jeg and AJ won PS championship did NHRA factor them out? Of the 3 manufactures GM, Ford and Mopar which parts are the easiest to buy and build a PS and be competitive with?

Watch what AJ does this weekend. Spoke to him at dinner Thursday night and he says they found an issue with the car that he believes has been plaguing them for a while. Not an engine issue, a car issue. Not saying he's going to run the table, but he should be better.
Alan
(Spelled the correct way)

I hope so, It's gotta be down right depressing when you spend so much time on the engine dyno then come to the track and have your ass handed to you. I like A.J.

When Jeg and AJ won PS championship did NHRA factor them out? Of the 3 manufactures GM, Ford and Mopar which parts are the easiest to buy and build a PS and be competitive with?

theres a big difference between winning the championship and DOMINATING the entire year, GM has the set up right now

theres a big difference between winning the championship and DOMINATING the entire year, GM has the set up right now

I would take winning back to back championships over dominating the whole year any day. GM has the setup because there is only 1 Dodge not because of factoring.

I would take winning back to back championships over dominating the whole year any day. GM has the setup because there is only 1 Dodge not because of factoring.

There is only one Dodge because all the other Dodge boys switched to GM, Coughlin, Enders, McGaha, .Nobile, etc etc

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back