Latest Fines (1 Viewer)

No matter what the parts were it didn't help them since all of the Force cars and Balooshi were gone after rd 1 and Langdon was gone in rd 2.

Somebody save this date for the next time we get an "NHRA only picks on DSR thread."

Alan

I noticed on the TV show that they showed Hight with two NHRA "Brown Shirts". It looked to me that he was discussing the injector barrel valve in his hand.

Just a guess with no real data...:D

That pretty much dashes any hope of seeing the likes of Dale Armstrong, Don Garlits or Austin Coil ever again involved in fuel racing. Can Allen Johnson be far behind?

You know what's crazy about this. We are now in the age where anyone with a good idea and the initiative to learn SolidWorks or Catia can make anything relatively inexpensively. Innovation has never been so democratic. And what do we do, make everything spec.

Stepford Wives racing ain't for me.

Last edited:
What next...NHRA approved motors with seals to prevent tampering? Innovation and originality is a dying art because of the NHRA tech nazis...:(

And thus, the conundrum.

You want the NHRA to slow the cars down so they're safer and we can go back to 1/4 mile racing and the Indys have a chance against the juggernaughts.

Then when something like his happens, the P & M brigade shows up in full force bemoaning the lack of freedom & declaring the end of civilization as we know it.

Ya can't have it both ways guys.

If you want the unrestrained free for all of old, then extend all of the shut down areas by 2,000 feet or more, leave the strips where you can't do that behind, then prepare for a financial bloodbath as teams race to outspend each other.

Or slow them down and accept the fact that technical restrictions are here to stay and kwitcher &$?@#ing.

Your choice.

And thus, the conundrum.

You want the NHRA to slow the cars down so they're safer and we can go back to 1/4 mile racing and the Indys have a chance against the juggernaughts.

Then when something like his happens, the P & M brigade shows up in full force bemoaning the lack of freedom & declaring the end of civilization as we know it.

If you want the unrestrained free for all of old, then extend all of the shut down areas by 2,000 feet or more, leave the strips where you can't do that behind, then prepare for a financial bloodbath as teams race to outspend each other.

Or slow them down and accept the fact that technical restrictions are here to stay and kwitcher &$?@#ing.

Your choice.

Excellent post.

And thus, the conundrum.

Your choice.
I agree David, excellent post.

Different offence, are you that stupid?

Speeding vs. Reckless driving.

Alan

P.S. How many DSR cars?

Last edited:
By the way, did anyone notice that when one team (I can't remember who now.) blew the top off of the injector hat, a crewman was RIGHT THERE to slap the cover over the (still hot) engine when the camera showed up?

Think they didn't want anyone checking out the inside of that hat??? :)

By the way, did anyone notice that when one team (I can't remember who now.) blew the top off of the injector hat, a crewman was RIGHT THERE to slap the cover over the (still hot) engine when the camera showed up?

Think they didn't want anyone checking out the inside of that hat??? :)

Or were in a hurry to get back into the pits because they were under a quick turnaround. :D

And thus, the conundrum.

Your choice.

First of all, Top Fuel and Funny car will never go back to 1320 period. And the problem with the "illegal" modifications to existing parts in my mind is it keeps the indy teams from thinking outside the box and trying out a theory. If one of the smaller teams tried this they couldn't financially afford the fines.
So rather than trying out some original ideas, they're forced to follow the leaders so to speak.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back