It even happens in Junior Dragster (1 Viewer)

Back in my days of my daughter in MX.
We refered to those parents as
50's Parents.
Back in the '90s I had a Briggs & Stratton dealership with my equipment renral yard. The Briggs field rep stopped in and said that B&S was teaming up with NHRA to start a league for kids
and it was going to be for kids between 8 & 17 years old. He knew I had been Drag Racing for years and said they were going to have Briggs Motorsport Dealers for the Dragsters and 4 Stroke go Karts. In the beginning it was to have only Briggs 5HP Engines (13232XX series). There was 5 different tracks in Southern California running with up to 50 cars in the 3 classes. The unofficial rules for the parents was that there was going to be NO "Little League" parents. The kids always got along good and for quite a few years we had no problems. We ran up to 5 neighborhood kids at a time and did very well. The biggest problem was the Briggs engines. I admit that I was part of the problem here because even after Briggs came out with a purpose built block I had some engines with more welding on them than a Pro Stocker. Pretty soon we were building chassis with Monoshock rear ends - 3 pipe front ends and infinately adjustable clutches (Torque Convertors). It was great for a lot of people but the guys with limited budgets felt intimadated. It is Dial In but unforunately a lot of people quit because it's hard to run against cars that could run the number to the hundredth almost all day long. The next thing was aftermarket blocks and Billett cranks. I had customers that wanted anything NEW that could be had and some that quit running when it got like Super Comp. That is also when it got to be that a few guys with the Psuedo name "Richard Cranium" showed up - The parents Not the kids. We raced with Leah Pruitt - Sean Bellemeur - Justin Lamb - Ryan McClanahan - Steven Densham and several others that went on to do extremly well later on.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back