I'd like your input (1 Viewer)

OK I'll be the oddball here. My main reading material is Sand Sports, Sand Addiction, Dune Buggies and Hot VWs (I like playing in the big sandbox). Don't laugh too hard, Corey Mac started out driving VWs. Sold all my VW stuff and my buggy is powered by a 450hp LS1. I also get Hot Rod, Street Rodder, Drive and will pick up any other gearhead mag that has an interesting article.

One of the reasons I like getting ND is the membership that includes the audiocast. The main reason is the official 'record' of the events. I don't buy any other magazines.....of any venue. Everything else I need I get from the net. Ahhh.....modern technology! Thank you Al Gore! *cough* :D

Race Engine Technology

It's drag racing tech stuff far exceeds that of any all drag racing publication. The latest issue has an Allen Johnson article that is unlike anything you would find in any of the other magazines listed in this thread.

Also subscribe to Hot Rod. It has become very readable in the last few years.

Jay

I wish Drag Racing Magazine got past 90, use to love reading that when I was a kid.

Hot Rod and Car Craft
Hemmings Muscle Machines
The Rodders Journal
Rod and Kulture
and my complete collection of SS/Di's

Last edited:
Since I spend most of my free time travelling I use the internet now. When I was at home more I would get National Dragster, SS&DI, Midwest Drag News (Drag News), Car Craft, Hot Rod, Popular Hot Rodding (PHR), Super Chevy and others. I still have most of the issues that I received and that takes quite a bit of storage. I think that all have their good points and bad points but I was mostly interested in race results or technical information.

Dragster Australia!!!:D
Not that you guys probably get that over there.
I wish we had ND over here, although I was down the street before and spotted a magazine called 'Drag Racer'. First time I've ever seen a US Drag Racing mag being sold in Aus.

I quit getting National Dragster as I knew everything I read in it. Nothing really apart form results and news most of which was available online............................
Same here, I have had a continuous subscription to ND since 1970, this is the first year that I let it lapse. 37 continuous years, but now with the internet, it's all old news. I did enjoy the personality stories on the racers though.

I subscribe to Hot Rod and Popular Hot Rodding currently.

I buy Sport Compact and Turbo Magazine occasionally.......................

I no longer read any "print" drag racing pubications. There is more on the internet than I can keep up with. And, being as old as I am, I can typically syphon out the garbage from what appears to be factual. But, thanks for asking.

Great post, Rob.

We, too, appreciate the response and support shown here for Drag Illustrated. We're doing a lot of experimenting and gauging reader response from forums such as these with a lot of the new things we are doing.

As we're still a new(er) publication we seem to still discovering ourselves and will eventually develop a little more of a pattern. However, I think our unpredictability is thoroughly enjoyed by most.

Thanks again!

Wes
Drag Illustrated

Rob,

This one took a while and I probably have left out several good magazines or newspapers, but you will find out what it's like to get old, someday!!!!

Here are the subs:

Chevy Hi Performance (best tech column in the biz!)
Hot Rod (everybodys automotive magazine)
Mopar Action
Drag Racing Action
AutoWeek (covers all motorsports plus Detroit news)
Street Rodder
Rod & Custom
Hemmings (invaluable source)
National Speed Sport News (great columns and of course Chris)
Full Throttle News (great for the West Coast)
DRIVE (same comments as FTN)
Christian Motorsports
Good Guys Gazette
Buick GS club magazine
NMRA Race Pages
NMCA Fastest Street Car
National Dragster (of course)

Intermittent reads:

Car Craft
Drag Racer
Motor Trend
Car & Driver
Road and Track
Racer
Dusty Times
Automobile

Then add in all the Inet sites you can think of and other print pubs that escape me at the moment.

Maybe I read too much!!!!

Take care and hope to see you soon.

MaC

Last edited:
Geez Dave, you got bowel issues or just that much time on your hands?? :eek: :D I know where you might be able to put all that time to good use... ;)

ND, Muscle Car Enthusiast, Drag Racer. I tried taking the laptop into the bathroom and it just wasn't the same.

I read Drag Racer, National Speed Sport News, Goodguys Gazette, cover to cover. Why? "They's cars in there!"

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back