I'd like your input (1 Viewer)

Rob

Nitro Member
Aside from National Dragster, which auto-related magazines do you read and what do you like about them?

Just curious,
Rob Geiger, NHRA.com

Car Craft - Witty humor, bold, budget minded builds, real world info and down to earth. I pretty much stopped reading HotRod and some of the others because of their lack of these things.

Drag Racer- great features and nostalgia
Rod & Kulture- really so anti-new and good nostalgia drag bits
Hot Rod- cool cars that nobody can afford anymore, and great tech articles
Jr. Dragster monthly newspaper- trying to keep the kid ahead of the curve
Popular Mechanics- alternate points of view

Last edited:
To be honest, with the internet at my fingertips, i havent even scanned the magazine stands in years !! and i assume ur just talking about hard copy mags!

I still read Car Craft....

Without question, Drag Illustrated is the best drag racing mag out there. Wes Buck & the guys do awesome work!!

I take Hot Rod but after they finish Project F-Bomb my interest will most likely wane. Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords (of course) and Old Skool Rods are also digested regularly.

Any other information I gleen from the internet.

Honestly, if I ever go paper, it's Drag Racer. See, for me, Super Stock & Drag Illustrated was the ONLY monthly for me. Still have the last issue here.

Drag racer for the really good pictures, tech articles, Garlits' column, and McEwens' column.
Drag racing action for the tech articles.

i 3rd the Drag Illustrated...i like it alot...

i also got a copy of Race News zine... for its first issue it's looking pretty good.. but they cover more than drag racing too....

Billy

I have subs to Hot Rod, Super Chevy , Chevy High Performance, Performance Automotive News, National Dragster and I buy any other Drag Racer Mags I spot at the store.
Yes I admit my addiction and plan on getting treatment every chance I get at a track or a garage.
After the flood earlier in DFW I may take up boat racing.
Hope Wes , Deb and all the other Mater's in the Plex are ok.
I just lost a little fence but cars on the road near my house were up to the roofs.

To be honest, with the internet at my fingertips, i havent even scanned the magazine stands in years !! and i assume ur just talking about hard copy mags!

Pretty much the same here..not much you can't find on the internet..Get ND every week but I don't read it haft the time because I already read it on the internet..

I get Drag Illustrated and National Dragster. Thats about it really. Everything else I do on the computer.

I get a bunch of magazines, but there are two that I read pretty thoroughly, National Dragster, but I get frustrated with their lack of Top Sportsman/Top Dragster divisional coverage, and Speedway Illustrated.

Dick Berggren's SI has good racing coverage, and good technical articles. More than a few of my new racing tools and parts are a result of their technical coverage.

I do like Car and Driver's humor.

As for internet mags, I wish I could subscribe to a service that e mails me articles that I am interested in. I could have them routed to a folder in my e mail in box, and even when I'm stuck in the airplane I could go through the unread articles.

Jeff

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back