Asking for your help (1 Viewer)

Rob

Nitro Member
Maters,
Please take a minute to read my 7/8/6 entry on the Geiger Counter and, if you feel compelled, drop Carol a get well message. I'd appreciate it a bunch.
Rob Geiger, NHRA.com

Done, I hope she feels better soon. Like I told her & Carl, anyone who can get that big smile on WJ's face has to be somebody special...

Praying for healing for Carol. Terminal is just a man's word. God can do anything.

Funny you say that, I happen to agree 100%.

Probably not the forum here, but has anyone read "Same Kind of Different as Me" by Ron Hall & Denver Moore, with Lynn Vincent? It touches very heavily on that very subject and is quite moving.

"Mama Duck" as she's known to many of us is a VERY special lady, ALWAYS looking out for everyone in the turn around area, and kept everyone in line in her own special way.

Prayers are with you, Love ya!

Unk

I have never met Carl and Carol Jakopec but after reading the Geiger counter I sent them an e mail & said I would keep them in my thoughts & prayers.
About 10 minutes later I got a very nice response from Carl thanking me. I thought that shows what class people they must be with all that's going on he sends an e mail to someone he's never met.Gives you hope for the world after all. Mike

Although I've never met them, I too, sent them an e-mail thanking them for their service. I feel it was the very least I could do for someone who has done so much for others as they both have.
Thanks Carol and Carl and thank you Rob for the heads-up.

I have never met Carl and Carol Jakopec but after reading the Geiger counter I sent them an e mail & said I would keep them in my thoughts & prayers.
About 10 minutes later I got a very nice response from Carl thanking me. I thought that shows what class people they must be with all that's going on he sends an e mail to someone he's never met.Gives you hope for the world after all. Mike

I also received a thank you Email from Carl. That just shows you how much a little kindness means to someone.

Email sent. Cancers a bitch. Lost Ma last year after she was given 12-18 months in 91. Many ups and downs but a good state of mind helps beet the doctors odds.

You guys are doing great. Carl told me he can't even keep up with the e-mails any more. It's just the lift they needed. Keep it up, and thank you.
Rob Geiger

This message is from Carl...

To the many of you who have sent Carol an email or posted on 'Mater, I want to send you my heart felt thank you. Since Rob's article appeared on the NHRA website my email box has been constantly full. Your messages have been extremely gratifying to both Carol and me. I wish I could share them all with you, but it would probably bring the server to a halt.

They have brightened her day considerably and have increased her will to fight. Receiving messages from people she has never met, wishing her well, has been a major surprise. Then getting very touching messages from the Bazemores, the Denshams, the Bacas, Tommy Johnson, Sr., Arlene and Warren Johnson, Mike Corvo and others made her realize the friendships that were developed over the years. She knows nothing about cars, but was always there for the people. Now it looks like the people are here for her, and all we can say is thank you from the bottom of our hearts, and we hope that we can someday get to meet all of you.

Sincerely,

Carol and Carl Jakopec (aka Mama and Papa Duck)

Rob just updated his column. Carol Jakopec passed away today. Barbara Parks, Scott Geoffrion, Bruce Sarver, Ronnie Sox, now Mama Duck. Way too many good people lost in the last year.

RIP Mama Duck. You are missed. Thoughts and prayers to Carl and the family. :(

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back