A new, and quite different, John Force Christmas story (1 Viewer)

Rob

Nitro Member
You guys all know the story I wrote a few years back about John Force and the best Christmas he ever had. It's the lead story on NHRA.com right now. Well, I circled back with John to get something new and he opened up like never before.

Please take a moment to read The Christmas that changed Force forever

He was pretty hard on himself, especially considering his age at the time, but I think we all have those regrets we carry around with us through our lives. As he told me, "People want the real me, well this is the real me. I'm not always perfect, not even close."

Merry Christmas everyone. I hope you enjoy my little gift to you.

Rob Geiger

Good story. We were all nine at one point in our lives. Perhaps a book of stories from some of the better known sport personalities might make a really good holiday present some year?

I know that last year I passed down "Six Seconds to Glory" to my eight year old nephew hoping he might catch the drag racing bug..., but stories like this carry some important kernals of wisdom and the drag racing wrapper is a wonderful way to present the medicine. :)

Last edited:
Hey Doug...Cypress? Heck, we're practically neighbors. I'm in the Kingwood area.

Thanks for the kind words folks. I hope everyone had a great Christmas.

Very nice read Rob. Christmas was great. Not liking the Houston weather of late though . . . keep going out to the shop to work on the dragster and the damp air and my headcold just makes me head back in, scan the net, and wish for a good bowl game!

Hey Doug...Cypress? Heck, we're practically neighbors. I'm in the Kingwood area.

Thanks for the kind words folks. I hope everyone had a great Christmas.

Dang! I knew you were close, but Kingwood? ;)

Great read...thanks for sharing! And I hope you and your family had a very Merry Christmas, Rob!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back