I'd like your input (2 Viewers)

I used to subscribe to many like Chevy High Performance, Hot Rod, etc. but with the internet, there is really only a couple I look at now:

Drag Illustrated - excellent work there.
Racecar Engineer - best I've seen for technical stuff.

And yet another vote to say SS&DI was THE ONE.

Mopar Action

Mopar Muscle.

The titles should speak for themselves as why I get them.

You asked for input...I wish National Dragster was like it was long ago.It seems that it is 1/2 full of advertisements and not a lot of race info.

CHEVY POWER But it's out of print now. For me I'd rather read Dyno Sheets, ET slips, Flow Bench numbers, Cam DR Data, Computer Graphs. And throw in a few hot girls and I'm cool.

I prefer my Drag Racing USA mags. from the 60's and 70's.

WAAAAHH!! When I moved from NY to AZ, I postal shipped my collection of SS&DI, Drag Racing U.S.A. and Drag News from 1970 to date to my new home.. A lovely tag (which I still have) from the postal service stating that they apologize for the destruction of the boxes somewhere between Denver and San Francisco (how that relates to Arizona, I don't know) is something I've never been able to forgive them for...:(

Thanks for the support of Drag Illustrated guys!!! we work very hard to put out a good mag. The kind words are appreciated!!!!

Oh i almost forgot, Full Throttle News is another mag to get! Always good stuff about all the racing out here on the left coast. :p

Drag Racer for the great pictures and stories
Honda Tuning because I'm driving a Honda these days
Turbo,Import Tuner,Super Street,& HCI for the import models and the cars.
Honda Style, VTEC Sports, VIP Style, VIPCAR, Option, Option 2 & Rev Speed to check out the cars being built here even though I can't read Nihongo:D

S/F
D

F1 Racing
Racer Magazine
Drag Racer
Drag Racing Action
Car Craft
Any & all of the various Mustang publications, 5.0 in particular.
Truckin'
Hot Rod

F1 Racing is probably the best magazine around, I love F1, can't get enough of it and the magazine is top notch.

Racer has everything in it, how could a true motorsports fan not love it.

Drag Racer & Drag Racing Action are currently the only drag mags around & I can never get enough drag racing, much like I can never get enough F1 or open wheel racing, nuff said. :)

I'm a Mustang guy, so anything with Mustangs in it or on it gets my attention.

I love trucks... big trucks, no low riders and Truckin' is a decent mag.

I could go on & on, but I'll spare you all.:eek: :)

Scoop...

Can't find any Drag Race Mags within ten miles of my home... Nothing but Low Riders, Bikes/Tattoo, and NASCAR stuff... none of which I read
ergo, my ND and what I can find on the net

We're fine here, Larry...just a soggy yard.

I forgot to include National Speed Sport News.

I have suscribed to Hot Rod and Car Craft for ages it seems...still love them, ND, and AutoWeek. I do pick up Drag Racing Action at the grocery store when my wife isn't looking...:D

Scoop...

Can't find any Drag Race Mags within ten miles of my home... Nothing but Low Riders, Bikes/Tattoo, and NASCAR stuff... none of which I read
ergo, my ND and what I can find on the net

Subscribe to them Karl. It's much cheaper then buying off the stands, if they were available within 10 miles of your house.

With the internet I can't remember the last time I even picked up a racing mag. Maybe waiting for a perscription at the pharmacy I may thumb through one but thats about it. Any other info I need I find on a variety of racing websites.

I do get ND but with coverage delayed a week for the pros and even longer for the sportsman its just not relevant. I keep my subscription going for the audiocast.

National Dragster
Drag Racer
Drag Racing Action
Hot Rod
Popular Hot Rodding
Drag Review Magazine (IHRA's mag)

Like everyone else here, I greatly miss Drag Racing USA from the 70s, as well as SS&DI. Even though the internet has changed how we look to publications for news, you still can't beat print mags for pics, interviews, and car features. Plus, it's easier to grab a magazine to head into the bathroom than a computer!

Drag Racer for the pictures and drag racing action for the articles. Although Drag Racing Action had a really cool picture of a four cylinder bantum taken at the Columbus sportsnationals last summer. LOL

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back