congrats to robert hight/jimmy prock! (1 Viewer)

The Countdown is a Fraud Pure and simple!!!

Come on Joe, I’m not a fan of the new model either but the rules were known from the beginning so it is not a Fraud. You, me, we, they……….. may not enjoy it as much but it’s not like the new championship structure was announced as Indy. We all knew it from the get-go.

In case you haven't noticed, you calling Brent an ass was earlier in this thread. You telling Melissa...earlier in this thread.

So every time you throw a smiley face, that means "change the topic?"

How about changing the subject yourself by creating a segue? Do they not teach those things in Mod school?

Oh and what exactly does "........................:eek:" mean? Is that another code for change the subject? I really should learn how to decifer you if I'm not to take it the wrong way. Because all this time I though you had nothing of substance to say, and you just wanted to increase your post count.
You need meds or something. Your way too uptight. Lighten up a bit!!!!:D

Yeah what he said. In my opinion, this should all be deleted except the original message, and the posts in line with it.

Paul, I hope next week when Robert wins the title people don't keep on putting down the accomplishment that the team deserves. This is no different than what happened the past 2 years with the Pedregon's. The were labeled as not the "Real" champs, which I am sure you will remember and I defended the Countdown champs as I will do the same for Robert. Robert will be the champ regardless of what crap is spewed here.

Paul, I hope next week when Robert wins the title people don't keep on putting down the accomplishment that the team deserves. This is no different than what happened the past 2 years with the Pedregon's. The were labeled as not the "Real" champs, which I am sure you will remember and I defended the Countdown champs as I will do the same for Robert. Robert will be the champ regardless of what crap is spewed here.

you do have a point. Rip the system, its not the drivers fault

big congrats to robert hight, jimmy prock and the entire jfr racing team on a great victory and all but sealing the 09 championship! couldnt happen to a better team, im sure the haters will chime in with force/robert indy round but theyll really be mad seeing robert win the championship in 2 weeks. CONGRATS ROBERT AND JFR!!!!!!!

If they didn't have this idiotic countdown Hight would be so far behind he wouldn't be able to see the leader. The way he got into the countdown and him winning the championship are an absolute disgrace and a slap to teams that should be the true champ. Hight winning imo is a new low in NHRA history. I have a hard time staying interested anymore since this countdown started but team dive winning this is an absolute joke. The 1000 ft. I can live with but this countdown is intolerable

That's really sad Melissa. Obviously you don't pay much attention to what is going on. And I'm sure you never took the time to actually stop at Robert's pit and talk to the guy. If you did then you wouldn't make statements like that. IMO, Robert is a class act and deserves to be the champion. He has worked his butt off to get where he is. And again, I'm goin' say,"way to go Robert and the AAA team on a job well done and DESERVED!!!!!!!

He worked his butt off to get where he is? Gee,I thought he got where he is because he married Force's daughter.

How dare you say I don't pay attention to what's going on? I've been watching this situation for months. If you had asked anyone at Indy this year who would win the John Force - Robert Hight match up, not one person would have bet on Force. Not one. Even the announcers saw it coming. Add that to the extra test session Robert got away with, and I do not think he deserved to make the countdown. Has he kicked ass since then? Yes - he's running away with it. But, his championship should have an asterisk next to it in the record books.

Since there have been teams in drag racing, there has been diving, or perhaps you prefer uncanny smoking of the tires? I liked John Force, found him funny, thought he was a good driver, but I'd have more respect for him if he just admitted that he did what he had to to advance all his teams. It was a great business decision, but not very fan friendly to those of us who cheer for the underdogs.

Well said. Right on the money.

him winning the championship are an absolute disgrace and a slap to teams that should be the true champ.

this countdown is intolerable

True Champ?? What is the defination of True Champ? It's the same for everybody. The countdown is several years old now, and is not going away. Get used to it. Tim Wilkerson should have been the "real champ" last year, and it's a damn shame that it didn't work out, but he knew he had to do well the last few races, and it didn't happen. If anybody should complain about being robbed by this deal, it's him.

Robert would have been the "true champ" back in 2007, but nobody really remembers it except for Robert Hight fans, and at times like this.
I have never heard Wilkerson or Robert blame the system on them not winning the title, both of them knew they just slipped up when it counted, and that is that.

The books will always say Tony Pedregon for 2007, and Cruz Pedregon for 2008. They did what they had to do, and were at the same races with the same cars as everybody else, and just did good at the right times.

As for this year, Robert has been in the final 4 of the last 6 races with 3 wins, and is 99.9% sure going to be champ in 2009.

When the Harleys did their dance for the CHAMPIONSHIP in Pomona last year, it didn't get 10% of the talk of this deal...A spot below 9 other people with every chance in the world to keep him back there.

Last edited:
Just like Tony and Cruz the past 2 years, Robert this year maximized his points at the right time. However, I do find it ironic that some of the people who dogged Cruz and Tony the past two years when they won the Countdown battle are now standing up for Robert and the championship he is on the verge of winning. If you are going to give Robert credit this year, you had better also recognize the prior 2 champs because they did the same thing Robert has done. Like I said before, congrats to Robert and team.

Thanks, I thought I was the only one who noticed this. ;)

Robert Hight played the Countdown like Jimmy Hendrix plays the guitar: excellently. Congrats to Robert, Jimmy (Prock) and the crew!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back