congrats to robert hight/jimmy prock! (1 Viewer)

If you pay for something with stolen money you don't own it. Same concept here . John stole points for Robert and he doesn't own the championship if he in fact does go on to "win" it.

There are no bunts and sacrifice flies in baseball. There are never any 'gimmes' in golf. one step is always taken on a lay up. Bartenders ALWAYS pour 1.5oz shots... Viper never said; "there are two kinds of people in the pits, those making the car go faster and people in the way"...

d'kid

Just like Tony and Cruz the past 2 years, Robert this year maximized his points at the right time. However, I do find it ironic that some of the people who dogged Cruz and Tony the past two years when they won the Countdown battle are now standing up for Robert and the championship he is on the verge of winning. If you are going to give Robert credit this year, you had better also recognize the prior 2 champs because they did the same thing Robert has done. Like I said before, congrats to Robert and team.

I'd like to congratulate Hight and the rest of the JFR team for a well earned championship!?

Its too bad that there will always be a dark cloud over this. Some will alway question whether if two teammates line up against each other if their on the up-and-up. Including me.

let the haters hate my jfr freinds, robert is on the verge of winning the championship and i love it! the haters dont say anything about all the others who have benefited every year from the countdown. doesnt matter how he got in, robert is on fire! he has the fastest and most consistent funny car out there the last few races , JUST LIKE CRUZ LAST YEAR, remeber that haters???? go robert and jfr!!!!!!!!

let the haters hate my jfr freinds, robert is on the verge of winning the championship and i love it! the haters dont say anything about all the others who have benefited every year from the countdown. doesnt matter how he got in, robert is on fire! he has the fastest and most consistent funny car out there the last few races , JUST LIKE CRUZ LAST YEAR, remeber that haters???? go robert and jfr!!!!!!!!

Doesnt matter how he got in,lol.

Oh I'll rip on anyone who wins the countdown when they didn't earn the most points on the track.

Add in the Indy gimme fiasco and it adds to the horrible sludge the countdown has created.

The only bright spot I see is that with Robert getting hosed year one of the countdown, maybe coutndown karma is in his favor now. TPed was given the countdown last year when the championship would have been Robert, this year it appears the roles will be reversed,

I wonder what goes on in the thoughts on the Glendoa offices right now. In the age of diversity. They could be going into Pomona with a women trying to capture the first FC title fighting with a hispanic going for another title. Imagine the marketing and publicity wheels they could have with that. Instead the champi....err countdown is just about wrapped up and right or wrong has a cloud hanging over it.

Should I point out that I am actually a big Hight fan but absolutely hate how this is playing out this year.

Oh I'll rip on anyone who wins the countdown when they didn't earn the most points on the track.

Add in the Indy gimme fiasco and it adds to the horrible sludge the countdown has created.

The only bright spot I see is that with Robert getting hosed year one of the countdown, maybe coutndown karma is in his favor now. TPed was given the countdown last year when the championship would have been Robert, this year it appears the roles will be reversed,

I wonder what goes on in the thoughts on the Glendoa offices right now. In the age of diversity. They could be going into Pomona with a women trying to capture the first FC title fighting with a hispanic going for another title. Imagine the marketing and publicity wheels they could have with that. Instead the champi....err countdown is just about wrapped up and right or wrong has a cloud hanging over it.

Should I point out that I am actually a big Hight fan but absolutely hate how this is playing out this year.

great post pj, robert got hosed in past years and has had bad vegas luck, im thrilled he has pretty much sewn up the championship BUT this countdown thing is still a joke!!!!!!! all the champs under the countdown will have kind of an asteriuk, BUT- congrats robert and jfr!!!!!!:D

Haters? I don't HATE anyone. I may not agree with them or their tactics, but I don't hate them for it.

As stated on another thread, "Don't hate the player, I hate the game." It is the countdown crap that creates this kind of behavior. While some see it as a good thing, others see it as a ploy to creat false hype. I mean really, what else whould these commentators talk about, drag racing?:rolleyes:

Not taking sides, but if I remember correctly last year it was Cruz who gracefully took the trophy and then on more than one occation, including on the winner circle podium, acknolledged Wilkerson as the true champion. I would hope that Hight would do the same.

Congrats to Robert and team. Looks like a lock to me.

We enjoyed sharing the winner's circle with the Prock Rocket.

you knew the AAA car would kick ass eventually - too much talent,
incredible performance.

john force if you are listening...........
a) put good tuneup in your car for pomona and at least try to make
it to final - CA fans would love to see that
b) put the woody/surfer body on mike's car for pomona

I'll be out there,and I hope they run the surfer body just like they ran Ashleys pink car on thurs and sat. last year.

Robert certainly did earn it, and he deserves it!!!! And I'm so glad you are no longer a JFR fan.......................:D

He most certainly did not earn it nor deserve it. The only way he made it is because they were busy filming the next episode for A & E - "Diving Force".

He most certainly did not earn it nor deserve it. The only way he made it is because they were busy filming the next episode for A & E - "Diving Force".

Wow.. I bet you have been sitting at your computer since Sunday night trying to think of that one. Pretty sad.

Why isn't hitting a sacrifice fly to deep right field to score the runner from third called diving?

All John did was make sure all 4 TEAM cars made the post season. Austin is the pitcher, Bernie is the catcher, Jimmy Shortstop, Medlen 2nd base, Guido First, Zippy third, Robert left, Princess Center, and Papa John right... It is one team, that shares post season bonuses, between all the players...

And believe me, splitting 4 post season bonuses beats splitting 3. John did what was best for ALL his employees.

Now, how many of you went to see a 'best 2 out of 3' match race back in the day?

d'kid
grew up in Lost Angels, never believed in Santa Claus, The tooth fairy, the Easter Bunny, and I don't gamble...

That's really sad Melissa. Obviously you don't pay much attention to what is going on. And I'm sure you never took the time to actually stop at Robert's pit and talk to the guy. If you did then you wouldn't make statements like that. IMO, Robert is a class act and deserves to be the champion. He has worked his butt off to get where he is. And again, I'm goin' say,"way to go Robert and the AAA team on a job well done and DESERVED!!!!!!!

That's really sad Melissa. Obviously you don't pay much attention to what is going on. And I'm sure you never took the time to actually stop at Robert's pit and talk to the guy. If you did then you wouldn't make statements like that. IMO, Robert is a class act and deserves to be the champion. He has worked his butt off to get where he is. And again, I'm goin' say,"way to go Robert and the AAA team on a job well done and DESERVED!!!!!!!

Did you ever stop by the Pedregons pit and talk to them? I like that Diving Force Melissa!!!!

Questions. Who goes to a sporting event as a spectator, hoping to see a business take care of their own interest? Or do you go to watch competitors compete at their highest level? Is drag racing about competiting for a championship (to be the best), or to get the most exposure?

Here's the stinger. None of these professional racers represent drag racing as a whole. They are mearly a part of drag racing. A part that gets exposed to those who view it from the outside. And if that is what other people see as to what drag racing is, than we all look like high dollar corperate logos.

Drag racing is a sport that anyone can be involved with. Even at the local level with their family car or what ever they choose.

I'm sorry, perhaps I'm trying to express myself to the wrong crowd. ***** away.

Did you ever stop by the Pedregons pit and talk to them? I like that Diving Force Melissa!!!!

Jeremy, there are not many drivers that I haven't taken the time to meet. Yes, I have met the Ped bros and they were both very fan friendly. I was standin' at T Ped's pit with a little boy one year and he motioned for us to come up to him in his pit area to meet him. I had two cars that were the same and gave 1 to the kid. Tony remarked on how nice it was for me to do that. And Cruz went out of his way at TNT to meet my newbie friend and sign an autograph, and when I told my friend who he was, I said " this is our FC champ". Some of my best encounters were with Tony. So,......................:D:D:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back