congrats mike ashley again! (1 Viewer)

afx421

Nitro Member
great job by mike ashley and the entire team! another great win. we all know the power of jimmy prock and the deadly consistancy of the ace, and even as a big force fan, i really beleive the gotham city/knoll funny car team is the one to beat . they are so positive, a world championship is on the horizon! congrats mike and team.

Wow! To win your first race, then DNQ for 2 races only to come back and win again! That's a Roller coaster!!

Wat to go Mike A. Mike is quickly becoming one of my favorite people in drag racing and i'm so glad he was able to knock off one of my least favorite people in the sport.

Even though you took out my guy Kenny in the final, congrats on a great weekend! If Kenny can't win you are the guy I am rooting for.

Yep, good job. What a season this is turning out to be. One of the most interesting I can ever remember, and I can remember them way back to the 1960s.

Great job Mike and way to rub it in to you son in the winners circle. I loved it

Congrats on the win!

On behalf of the Gotham Racing fans everywhere I do have a request: In the future, if you don't mind... please get off this "feast or famine" style of racing; I'm not sure if our hearts can take much more of this!

:D

Congrats Mike on another win! Hey, maybe there's something to all that motivational "stuff" after all, huh? Keep up the great effort.

Yes..CONGRATS to Mike and the whole team. I'm extremely happy to see him winning.. I like his interviews too... well Mike, how about also being a motivational speaker?? :)

T

Congrats Mike and the whole crew... believe you tied for overall Top Speed in Both Classes... that puppy sure does move from 400 ft on...

Just a little team member history at Norwalk. Mike mentioned in his winning interview that this was Brian Corradi’s “home” track. But I’m not sure many know Mark Oswald’s success at Norwalk. The other “inaugural” event at the track was Bader’s first IHRA World Nationals in 1981. Oswald (in his own T/F car) had a very good day of racing that event, Richard Tharp/C&H first round, Dick LaHaie semi’s, Big Daddy in the finals. The next year still in T/F he again won in Candies & Hughes dragster. He then switched to Funny Car in 83 and won the next 3 or 4 years in a row in that class. Hope that Mike can put together a string like that at Norwalk .

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back