congrats to robert hight/jimmy prock! (1 Viewer)

I hate to say it,

But Robert Hight has kicked everyone A$$ and taken their lunch money in the Countdown.

And that my final .02.

True enough. Particularly with the count down, you can't win it if you ain't in it. Hight has earned what he's gotten AFTER the freebie, and I'll be the first to admit sometimes you just need a break...or a teamate to leave the line late then drive the car out of the groove and into tire smoke and not attempt to recover.

I think there are two losers in this deal John Force because he gave up the chance to win Indy, and Ashley because she had the best shot of holding on if they didn't plug High into the field.

Robert is gonna win it. He who has the most points after the last race wins. Coulda, shoulda, woulda doesn't count for any points. Put on your big girl panties and deal with it.

I think there are two losers in this deal John Force because he gave up the chance to win Indy, and Ashley because she had the best shot of holding on if they didn't plug High into the field.
Not to mention that her day was taken away by all the controversy, the ESPN cameras should have been on her asking how it felt to win the Big instead of on Dad and TPed.

Here's some T-Ped pics
IMG_0006-1.jpg

And here's gettin' back on track. Found this old pic from Gainesville. Could this be who I think it is??????? The guy on the far side looks like Robert?
IMG_0009-1.jpg

Hey nice pics Lynn!! Every1 will have there opinion on this,and will have differences,bottom line we all know what happened,i dont care who you are or met you know what really happend.

Robert has played the Countdown perfectly and will win the championship in Pomona. Congrats to Robert, Jimmy, and the entire AAA team.

Kinda sad, don't ya miss the days when champions got to race and didn't have to play the countdown perfectly......

Wasn't earned?

There are only 4 rounds of racing per race not including the 4 qualifying passes. There are 4 JFR cars in the field. I think it would be mathematically impossible for Robert to be given EVERY round win from Indy until now.

So either you're mad because John Force dived at Indy and you're going to call everything done after that point unearned or maybe, just maybe, theres some more diving we don't know about so please...fill us in on how after indy up until now Robert's points have been UNEARNED?? :confused:

There's no doubt that the way Robert made it into the top 10 was questionable but he's controlled his own destiny since then and has done a pretty damn good job at proving what this car and team are capable.

No one can deny that Hight has been on a tear since Indy and that yes those points he earned. The issue is the cloudy circumstances with which he gained entry to begin with. Without the gift from John, these wins wouldn't be counting for anything right now and we'd be going into the finals with Tony P and Ashley fighting for the season long points battle.

That's really sad Melissa. Obviously you don't pay much attention to what is going on. And I'm sure you never took the time to actually stop at Robert's pit and talk to the guy. If you did then you wouldn't make statements like that. IMO, Robert is a class act and deserves to be the champion. He has worked his butt off to get where he is. And again, I'm goin' say,"way to go Robert and the AAA team on a job well done and DESERVED!!!!!!!

Lynn you gotta put down the Force fan butter, ya get all lathered up in it and lose perspective. I'm a Hight fan too but this has nothing to do with how nice he is or how hard he has worked. No doubt that since Indy he has been a beast, its also completly fair for people to question the tactics used to get him into the countdown.

Like I said before though I chalk it up to countdown karma, Tped was able to countdown Hight 2 yrs ago, now Robert gets to return the favor.

Hey PJ, The point I'm tryin' to make is I like all the drivers and I'm just not makin' such a big deal about what happened like some people are. I just enjoy goin' to the races, meetin' my fav drivers, hangin' with friends, and just enjoying the nitro fix. To be honest with you, the one I really want to see win the championship is Ron Capps. Doesn't look like this year it will happen, but maybe next year.:D

Hey nice pics Lynn!! Every1 will have there opinion on this,and will have differences,bottom line we all know what happened,i dont care who you are or met you know what really happend.

Jeremy...

It doesn't bother me in the least, in fact I would have been disappointed if Robert hadn't gotten the 'gimme putt'. I'm still shaking my head as to why T-ped beat Cruzzer in mini-soda...

Maybe it's because I grew up in the 'Match Race' days, maybe it's because I've seen cars put back on the trailer, so the 'Star' could get back in 'on the break-rule', maybe it's because I've seen the semi-finalist agree to split the prize money 4 ways, no matter the out come. Can you say Minor/Beck, those 'Dives' were priceless....

Yes, It's good to have the baddest hot rod at the track, an ego thing that's hard to put into words. It's also good to go three nice passes and not break too much junk, drag your mess to the line and give the marks a show... you win rd 1, I win rd 2, and we'll run it heads up the money pass.... bets a c-note on the tree...

d'kid
sorry, I know you asked Lynn, but people keep asking the question like it matters...

That's really sad Melissa. Obviously you don't pay much attention to what is going on. And I'm sure you never took the time to actually stop at Robert's pit and talk to the guy. If you did then you wouldn't make statements like that. IMO, Robert is a class act and deserves to be the champion. He has worked his butt off to get where he is. And again, I'm goin' say,"way to go Robert and the AAA team on a job well done and DESERVED!!!!!!!

How dare you say I don't pay attention to what's going on? I've been watching this situation for months. If you had asked anyone at Indy this year who would win the John Force - Robert Hight match up, not one person would have bet on Force. Not one. Even the announcers saw it coming. Add that to the extra test session Robert got away with, and I do not think he deserved to make the countdown. Has he kicked ass since then? Yes - he's running away with it. But, his championship should have an asterisk next to it in the record books.

Since there have been teams in drag racing, there has been diving, or perhaps you prefer uncanny smoking of the tires? I liked John Force, found him funny, thought he was a good driver, but I'd have more respect for him if he just admitted that he did what he had to to advance all his teams. It was a great business decision, but not very fan friendly to those of us who cheer for the underdogs.

How dare you say I don't pay attention to what's going on? I've been watching this situation for months. If you had asked anyone at Indy this year who would win the John Force - Robert Hight match up, not one person would have bet on Force. Not one. Even the announcers saw it coming. Add that to the extra test session Robert got away with, and I do not think he deserved to make the countdown. Has he kicked ass since then? Yes - he's running away with it. But, his championship should have an asterisk next to it in the record books.

Since there have been teams in drag racing, there has been diving, or perhaps you prefer uncanny smoking of the tires? I liked John Force, found him funny, thought he was a good driver, but I'd have more respect for him if he just admitted that he did what he had to to advance all his teams. It was a great business decision, but not very fan friendly to those of us who cheer for the underdogs.

Hey Melissa, GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynn, I suggest you take your own advice with a glass of water.

She's expressing her opinion with a lot more poise, wit and knowledge that I've seen from you. Try it sometime.

I do no different than anyone else. You just seem to have something personal against me, but I really don't care what you think!!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back