Big Chief at Indy (1 Viewer)

http://vexer.com/automotive-tools/quarter-mile-eighth-mile-calculator
The Crowmod has run 4.03 at 186 on Youtube...
Original 1/8 Mile ET & MPH: 4.03/186
Estimated 1/4 Mile ET & MPH: 6.489/230.640

he's gonna need a 5.80 to beat the Pro's......but stranger things have happened when 2 cars pull up to the line....
Chief even said in his interview posted above that he didn't feel the car would even qualify, but he's living his dream. I for one will be rooting for him. I hope he goes rounds.

He's running a IA1 cast iron Pontiac block (with water jackets), and non-spread port Edelbrock aluminum heads that you can put on any Pontiac engine on the street, so it will be interesting to see what it will run anyway.

The car he has now is a brand new Terry Murphy Racecars pro mod, the updates being done to it are the little nit picking things the NHRA require a PM to have outside the chassis SFI spec. His old car was that got crashed was built by Don Dial in Oklahoma to SFI specs required for a heavy door car that had to retain some of the original factory front frame rails to be able to run in certain classes.

There you go jim.

what happens when you ask Google.....?

fdr.jpg

I thought we as Dragracing people always fought to distinguish that Street Racing was not Dragracing.
Therefore how can Chief even be considered the most popular Dragracer ?

But most Big Drag Racers started from street racing just like the average person.

You can't tell me that at some point while driving, You didn't come up to a traffic light and saw a car in the other lane and stomped on the gas to beat him to the next traffic light. Or that arrogant guy you used to work with that thought his car was badder than yours, so you'd goto an industrial park after work and see who was faster.. That's how it starts.

Just got this issue, this magazine is a must-subscribe for drag racing enthusiasts of any type.

So the couple articles about SCSN at Gateway this weekend I read on Comp Plus mention that Chief is testing and WORKING ON getting his PM license. WTF?!?!? I thought everything else said he already got signed off on months ago and got entered. So if he doesn't have the license already, how does he have a competition number or the hot button Grade Point to even enter with? Not to cut the stitches on an old wound, but I can't help but to think how much the process stinks of bullshit.

And I don't know who built the car initially, but I do know it was at Jeffers' getting NHRA Legal(necessary crossbars and such) for a little bit.

Comp plus has it wrong, he is working on the NHRA PM setup (NHRA approved turbo's, and boost limit). and for probably the 100th time in this thread Terry Murphy originally built the car. The car needed a floater rearend $$$, CF brakes $$$, Electricmotion shut off device, and other little things NHRA requires for PM.

Big Chief and the whole Street Outlaws group are making a lot of buzz right now. Lot's of debate on if their approach to drag racing is good or bad for the sport and understandably so. I think any press is good press and they are getting folks to the track. As for BC running Indy, keep in mind at the end of the day, he is a reality TV personality. Reality TV strives on drama and a story line. He said he is going to run his current engine, which is down on power compared to the current turbo players. I think it is a part of a plot for future episodes and he will get a upgraded power plant before long.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back