Big Chief at Indy (1 Viewer)

Only downside to that is he'll be first up in Q2. Michael Bowman rolled the beams next to Justin, and Bob Rahaim had his run DQ'd for touching the wall. This will put Chief in the first pair, or a single for Q2 where track conditions may not be the best, plus he'll be the guinea pig for everyone else to see how the track is. That 7.12 would've put him 23rd, or 5th pair out.

Does it really mater if the end result is more people follow him with there cars and fans into the dragstrip fold, I haven't seen anywhere were a pro mod team was kicked to the curb so he could be there, you obviously hate the show, just choose not to watch

Pro Mod and potential Pro Mod teams have been kicked to the curb/held at the door for years or left to hover in Top Sportsman because they can't get in to the club for one reason or another. Has nothing to do with whether I like the show or him. I would pitch the same fit if anyone were given such exceptional treatment. As I said before, when they opened the quota, it did allow some others to come ou and play too, so that was a definite plus.

I am hopeful this whole ordeal has a positive effect and does garner some more attention, would be an awful waste if it doesn't. I will say it looked like he forgot he was racing 1320' in Q1. And as Jeff said, I bet he passed the scale after his run. As for being the Guinea pig by running first, you can't change much in the lanes while your class is running other than maybe timing maps and tire pressure. If the meat and potatoes of your tune up is wrong, running last won't change that. Plus, It's Indy. Unless it's 100 degrees out, track will be killer.

We get your point !!!! I myself and others would wish that you would turn off your stupid ASS highlighted stamp Kenneth !

My mention of being kicked to the curb was for this race, don't know the total history of the crap that NHRA has pulled on the class, I do like watching them, they remind me of Fuel Altered's, Bad Ass Monsters

My mention of being kicked to the curb was for this race, don't know the total history of the crap that NHRA has pulled on the class, I do like watching them, they remind me of Fuel Altered's, Bad Ass Monsters

The PM's are pretty badass. The problem with the class is while it appears NHRA controlled, NHRA pretty well gives the RPM Association control over most everything concerning operations of the class. Since they are a self funded exhibition class, NHRA basically says we will give you room for X amount of cars per race. Those on the RPM member list get first dibs and whatever RPM doesn't use goes to open registration. RPM pretty well works to keep the class 90% "invitation only". So in essence, if you want to make a full season run at the Pro Mod Championship, you have to pay up and buy in to RPM to get your name on the list to guarantee your spot at the races. And your funds to RPM go to help subsidize what NHRA charges RPM to tech and run the class along with PR services. KInd of a funky deal, and RPM doesn't exactly just take all comers. And NHRA works with RPM to keep the class entries at least 90% RPM member cars, except apparently when they have an opportunity to get a celebrity into a race.

The original quotas for Stock and Super Stock at Bandimere this year were 45 cars EACH. At Indy, the quotas for those two classes were 180 EACH. ProMod increasing their quota by 4 spots (and only 2 were filled) at the biggest race of the year looks pretty reasonable to me.

I must say Justin's appearance DID put a spotlight on the class. And that is a good thing. Listening to the folks around me, and watching the crowd, It was obvious that people stayed in their seats just to see him run. Right after his pass there was a definite flow of folks leaving the stands and the class wasn't half done. It wasn't as large as the "after nitro" flow, but still he kept them in the stands.

I was glad he put the car on the track, and hope he does it again. I'd love to watch his progress. Unfortunately the NHRA big boys kinda spanked him & sent him home. In his defense, (1) it was the quickest P/M field ever & (2) he is an 1/8 miler & not used to 1/4 mi ........yet. Like I say I hope he doesn't give up, & I hope he brings his friends along with their cars too.

You Never Know...I'll bet there were Sponsors that sent recruiters out to access the situation of the public's response. Look what happened when Ryan Lochte when he lost some sponsors... Some stepped up as a replacement for his losses because he's in the media spotlight.. Think about it.

Remember he still street races and sponsors might not want to be associated with that aspect of his life. I don't see him giving up the number one reality show anytime soon.

Watching one of the interviews my take was that he wanted to keep racing pro mod, NHRA would pull his license if he kept on street racing, can't think of many drag racers that did not street race at some point before making the switch to race legal NHRA, hope he can find a good sponsor and stick with pro mod and NHRA

We were in the Top Eliminator Club when they staged an autograph session with him, and it was pretty well attended. He drew a pretty good crowd. There were quite a few young folks in that line. That's a good thing, right? Young folks at the races?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back