Big Chief at Indy (1 Viewer)

A sportsman racer can earn grade points at the divisional race, but where can you earn grade points for a pro mod?

After just getting, upgrading (or having a current) Pro Mod license gets you the one grade point that you need to run the NHRA.
Someone with 1 grade point will not be able to register for Pro Mod at a National 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the time. In this case, NHRA decided to extend the quota by 4 over the normal 28, and right when registration opened to Grade 1. Typically there are only 2 spots not filled by RPM's pre-registration and they don't last long.

Someone with 1 grade point will not be able to register for Pro Mod at a National 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the time. In this case, NHRA decided to extend the quota by 4 over the normal 28, and right when registration opened to Grade 1. Typically there are only 2 spots not filled by RPM's pre-registration and they don't last long.

One grade point is all that is required to run Pro Mod at a national event. Pro Mod is a Pro category not a sportsman category like the alky FC/Dragster. If you would have looked at the 1st post on page 2 you would have seen this.

This is from an interview with Kevin Fiscus:
E3: All I see are people complaining that he was able to register with no grade points and no NHRA license.
KF: To me it is pretty simple, this week the registration opened up for drivers having one and more grade points. One can only assume he must have registered with one grade point. I know he has a NHRA license because I actually signed off on his single license passes which were made at Texas Motorplex prior to the American Outlaws Live event where we both competed earlier this year. You have to know how the system works and if you have at least one grade point you can still register because as I answer this question, there are two spot still open. If you got at least one grade point quit bitching and put it in the lanes if not sit back and enjoy the show!

One grade point is all that is required to run Pro Mod at a national event. Pro Mod is a Pro category not a sportsman category like the alky FC/Dragster. If you would have looked at the 1st post on page 2 you would have seen this.

This is from an interview with Kevin Fiscus:
E3: All I see are people complaining that he was able to register with no grade points and no NHRA license.
KF: To me it is pretty simple, this week the registration opened up for drivers having one and more grade points. One can only assume he must have registered with one grade point. I know he has a NHRA license because I actually signed off on his single license passes which were made at Texas Motorplex prior to the American Outlaws Live event where we both competed earlier this year. You have to know how the system works and if you have at least one grade point you can still register because as I answer this question, there are two spot still open. If you got at least one grade point quit bitching and put it in the lanes if not sit back and enjoy the show!

Hey Ken, I DID READ THE ENTIRE THREAD. First of all, Pro Mod is NOT considered a Pro category. It is technically a sanctioned exhibition class that falls under the same entry procedures as any Sportsman class because it pays it's own way. Anyone with 1 Grade point can register in any class they're licensed for at an NHRA National, provided the quota isn't already filled by the GP1 release date. That is nothing new. But that's also where the issue lies, when the quota is already filled, normally by the 2nd week its open to Grade Point entries not on the RPM Association's Pre-Registration list, MONTHS before the race and before it is ever open to GP1's to try and enter. If you read my entire comment, you would see that. My bitching isn't about him racing, my bitching is how he magically got entered into a PM field as a GP1 when since the involvement of the RPM Association in NHRA PM, I'd challenge anyone to show me another time that happened. The only good thing to come of it was that when NHRA extended the quota beyond the normal 28, which RPM currently takes 26 of every race, they took even more entries as to not look so obvious in making a hole in the quota so he could register.

If you have even bothered to keep reading this long, and you need further proof on how NHRA PM Entry works, Look at Charlotte and LV2 Entry and Release Dates.. https://www.nhraeventreg.com/login.asp?from=/store.asp& Charlotte PM Quota is filled at 28, GP1 registration release date is 9/12/2016. LV2 is also filled at 28, and has only been open to enter to GP6 and above so far. LV2 doesn't open to GP1 entries for another MONTH.

There are a lot of politics and money involved when someone simply wants to run in today's NHRA J&A Service Pro Mod Series. My bitch has been and always will be the fact that this guy wasn't subjected to any of it short of getting his car legal and getting a license. He got in the race, good for him, but NHRA deserves to be taken to task for parting the sea of red tape when they've never done it for anyone else.

It's never good enough, every one bitches about NHRA not doing enough to get people looking at the NHRA instead of Street Outlaws, they get the main star to come over to the NHRA and all you can do is nitpick and complain, Really!

It's never good enough, every one bitches about NHRA not doing enough to get people looking at the NHRA instead of Street Outlaws, they get the main star to come over to the NHRA and all you can do is nitpick and complain, Really!

Yeah, I will nitpick and complain because NHRA and Chief both seem to be bending over backwards to say that no special concessions were made for him. I don't care whether or not he asked for it, but NHRA should at least admit they made it a lot easier on him. Sounds kind of like a reality show filmed in a controlled environment, yet still being concerned about the possibility of the cops showing up while you've got light towers 20 feet in the air and the cops are at either end of the strip of road anyway. I just get sick of the obvious bullshit and double standards. But I suppose people have historically been dumb enough to believe it, so they just keep going with it.

Does it really mater if the end result is more people follow him with there cars and fans into the dragstrip fold, I haven't seen anywhere were a pro mod team was kicked to the curb so he could be there, you obviously hate the show, just choose not to watch

I think it's a good thing for Chief being there because the attention that has been happening via social media and forums, Both Chief and NHRA hafta be eating it up.

My hope is that translates to more fans and racers at or on the track, I also agree with you on the NHRA not coming clean about more than just Chief, if they would maybe support there decision to streamline rules for the betterment of drag racing and getting more street racers to come to track I feel it would be better received by all

According to DRC, he ran a 7.127 @ 160.27. No reason given for his run being DQ'd, but a long ways off of the current 5.968 bump.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back