Big Chief at Indy (1 Viewer)

none

Nitro Member
Justin Shearer is entered in Pro Mod at Indy.
Welcome to NHRA!

And those who want to read something into this just remember that the original mission of Wally and NHRA was getting guys off the streets to race on the track!

Another reason to go to Indy this year.
(Full disclosure, I was thinking about going anyway)

Alan

Alan, is he required to run anywhere first to get grade points? I know in the pro classes you can show up and try to qualify, but I thought I heard in PM you need to get some points as in the sportsman categories. Either way, cool deal.

Have to admit, this will probably draw some eyes. Will be very interesting to see what kind of numbers he's able to put down.

So that's why he is kissing NHRA's butt. Just kidding. ;)
Glad he is off the streets and hoping he stays with it. I wonder who's car he is driving or will he put a bigger motor in the Crowmod. I bet he will have the longest line for autographs.

Oh yeah Marc, I'm looking forward to the PM show at Indy! No matter what, he'll for sure be bringing some added attention to the class.

I watched Street Outlaws a couple of times. Besides all the beeped out language,the cars they were running did not belong on the streets they were running on. I have seen the promotions for running on "no prep" tracks. This is downright stupidity! With the spools and tires of today, and the power(!) it is downright dangerous to even run them on a drag strip that is totally un prepared. When I started racing there was no track prep but with harder tires, positraction or open diffs, and no walls and a LOT less power you just raced. I was lucky enough to be in the 16 cars that ran Pinks All Out a few years ago here in Las Vegas. It was quite an experience. Getting the "Street Outlaws" guys to run on safe tracks is a plus for NHRA. Alan is so right, getting racers off the streets is why NHRA was founded. I got a couple of expensive (for 1960) before I went to Fremont and Half Moon Bay and the hook was in!

Pretty neat. Sorta like Wescott jumping into pro stock .... something already interesting is even better. It will be interesting to see how he fairs.

I will finally get to see some pro-mod action this year! :)

At Brainerd, they keep running those snowmobiles.

Seriously? Jay Eshbach, Craig Eagle, Jeremy Weaver, please enlighten me! How can having major TV racing celebrity, driving in Pro Mod, at NHRA's biggest race of the year, racing on Labor Day weekend on FOX TV's biggest broadcast, be a bad thing for our sport?

Glad to see he has earned enough points to run a National event especially Indy (LMAO) NHRA probably figures they can increase both spectators in the stands and TV viewership by latching on to his fame. I'm willing to bet he's paid something to be there.

Didn't know Pro mod drivers had to earn grade points. Maybe he should run the Crowmod in super gas so he could get the required grade points. LMFAO.
I think he is running someone else car and the owner have grade points. But I don't think he needs any but the smart people on here can correct me.

seems to me like he is one big hypocrite! So he goes to Indy, but his show is still on TV? Looks to me like he just wants more people to watch his stupid show.

To run Pro Mod at a national event you only need 1 grade point (a competition license) with a couple of full runs a little bit quicker, and faster than the minimum required to get a PM license. I wouldn't be surprised if he got passes he needed at some track somewhere in some else's PM. He knows some people with Pro Mods that they probably would let him drive that was setup to run just quick enough to make the passes.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back