Big Chief at Indy (1 Viewer)

Is Big Chef going to drive his own sled or someone elses ?

this Chef?

pebble pulp and chef.png

:D

just the fact that he did a PSA for NHRA and is still making the street racing show is hokey........cant have it both ways. Now if he plans on leaving the show, and giving up tens of thousands of dollars per show, maybe he is legitiment. I think he will use the TV show to fund his Pro Mod try, just like Gas Monkey.

just the fact that he did a PSA for NHRA and is still making the street racing show is hokey........cant have it both ways. Now if he plans on leaving the show, and giving up tens of thousands of dollars per show, maybe he is legitiment. I think he will use the TV show to fund his Pro Mod try, just like Gas Monkey.

Yeah, it is a bit hokey.. You could argue that the show racing is mostly done in a controlled environment, but they don't really show or preach that part of the production. Wouldn't help the dramatics. I've got no beef with the guy racing, my beef is with how easy it was for him to get entered on the NHRA/RPM end vs. the route everyone else typically has to take.

Since it appears he's running his own car, he'll have a lot of work and money to get the thing into NHRA legal trim I'm sure, not saying his end in getting to Indy will be easy at all. I always joke about how those guys on the street with big turbo motors probably never have more than 10 degrees of timing in it just to make it down the unprepped surface. They talk about tire shake on the show, but there ain't no tire shake like there is on a National event race track. It will be interesting to see how everything holds up on the Safety Safari prepped track. He's got his work cut out for him. I hope he goes out, lives a dream, the aluminum/steel gods are kind and he keeps it rubber side down in his lane.

He has his own heat, and air business, they don't make the kind of money off of the show as you may think. They all have some kind of family business that they are apart of.

I like the guy don't get me wrong, watch the show once in a while. We all probably street raced at some time. I am from LI and have ran on 231 and 109, also on the conduit behind the airport. If this works out he will be the John Force of Pro Mod, personality wise. Based on his name recognition and personality he will land a big sponsor, whether or not he is good.

Yeah, it is a bit hokey.. You could argue that the show racing is mostly done in a controlled environment, but they don't really show or preach that part of the production. Wouldn't help the dramatics. I've got no beef with the guy racing, my beef is with how easy it was for him to get entered on the NHRA/RPM end vs. the route everyone else typically has to take.
He got in just like everybody else as has already been discussed in this thread. He managed to show up at a Division race or National Open somewhere and pass Tech inspection in a class (Typically Comp or Top Sportsman) that would earn him a grade point needed to enter a national event. Since most here don't pay attention to tat kind of stuff, you wouldn't know. Its easier to cast rumors about favoritism than know the facts. Since the larger Indy PM quota has yet to be met, I doubt he stepped on anyone's toes.

I know one thing, if his last car was not up to standards, he would have been hurt or dead. Also he did not build the Crowmod so I am more than sure someone would not sell him an unsafe car. Why all the negativity? He is living a dream.

Last edited:
He got in just like everybody else as has already been discussed in this thread. He managed to show up at a Division race or National Open somewhere and pass Tech inspection in a class (Typically Comp or Top Sportsman) that would earn him a grade point needed to enter a national event. Since most here don't pay attention to tat kind of stuff, you wouldn't know. Its easier to cast rumors about favoritism than know the facts. Since the larger Indy PM quota has yet to be met, I doubt he stepped on anyone's toes.

In previous years, the GP had to come from Comp as I've been told by PM racers. I'm well aware of the process of earning grade points. And casting rumors of favoritism.. There hasn't been another race this year where PM quota has been over 28 for Pre-Entry(although they have allowed 30 at a couple, still showing quota at 28 because other classes weren't filled) and RPM pre-enters around 26 before registration is even released to the GP calendar. This isn't a JFK 2nd shooter conspiracy theory, the facts just show that things were slightly adjusted for Indy. And after seeing first hand at what my PM racer friends have had to jump through and pay just to be a part of the program, it just seems convenient that the quota increased and Grade 1 actually had quota left to fill. If anything, it helped a guy like Todd Tutterow get in after a lapse in NHRA PM Racing, who would have been otherwise watching.

The car he has now is a brand new Terry Murphy Racecars pro mod, the updates being done to it are the little nit picking things the NHRA require a PM to have outside the chassis SFI spec. His old car was that got crashed was built by Don Dial in Oklahoma to SFI specs required for a heavy door car that had to retain some of the original factory front frame rails to be able to run in certain classes.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back