Tommy and Melanie's new TV show "King of the Strip": first episode this Sunday (1 Viewer)

Jeeze!!!! You pretty much have to be an Actuary to figure this stuff out!

How bout' this..........THE LIGHT WAS GREEN, THE BRAIN SAID GO!!! Nuff said!:D

Nebraska math? hehe... I will accept what you guys say for now... Thanks...

CJ Curtsinger

Sorry Suzie, but if you read my post you can see my error... I was willing to accept until I made the fatal error of thinking... I thought I told myself to stop thinking but I guess it comes naturally... :p

CJ Curtsinger

... If the green comes out at .500, we subtract that immediatly from the overall reaction... so if she got a .700 rt the combination of her and her car's delay was .200... I dont know how quick/slow her car launched, but I can believe that a .6xx would be a good light on that show...

Anyone else car to add some info?

CJ Curtsinger
CJ,

Remember, reaction time timers start when the green light comes on. So the green light is always 0.000 no matter what type tree you are on.

You have to assume that the car's reaction time (roll out) is going to be pretty consistent. So the variable is the driver's personal reaction time. Let's say that the car's roll out is .300 and the driver's PRT is .200... if the driver has a .700 RT on a particular run, that means they missed the tree by .200... dead late!

Who, me? I gots no problem with (most) Husker fans. It's FS Who, Saxet, and USC (University of Spoiled Children) that typically trip my trigger.

:D
Hi, Tom! I know you're always fair to us Husker fans, just thought that comment might catch your eye and get a response! How are things in Sooner land?

CJ,

Remember, reaction time timers start when the green light comes on. So the green light is always 0.000 no matter what type tree you are on.

You have to assume that the car's reaction time (roll out) is going to be pretty consistent. So the variable is the driver's personal reaction time. Let's say that the car's roll out is .300 and the driver's PRT is .200... if the driver has a .700 RT on a particular run, that means they missed the tree by .200... dead late!

I think this is a conversation best left to face-to-face discussions... Meet me at Indy to talk, but come prepared! Im gonna need diagrams, powerpoint presentations, expert opinions, polls, and test sessions... And goodybags with the material you will be covering inside wouldn't be bad either... I may even need a jury to vote whether or not your idea floats... :p

Suzie, I think we should leave math to Nebraska... What else are they gonna do in that state? :D;)

CJ Curtsinger

I think this is a conversation best left to face-to-face discussions... Meet me at Indy to talk, but come prepared! Im gonna need diagrams, powerpoint presentations, expert opinions, polls, and test sessions... And goodybags with the material you will be covering inside wouldn't be bad either... I may even need a jury to vote whether or not your idea floats... :p

Suzie, I think we should leave math to Nebraska... What else are they gonna do in that state? :D;)

CJ Curtsinger
Oh, CJ, you have wounded me (and Greg) deeply, but unfortunately, you kinda got a point! But David Bogner, a Nebraskan, won Super Stock at the Mile Hi Nats....how's that?

Oh, CJ, you have wounded me (and Greg) deeply, but unfortunately, you kinda got a point! But David Bogner, a Nebraskan, won Super Stock at the Mile Hi Nats....how's that?

My apologies... I suppose you guys can do math and build cars... It'd be really amazing if you could do three things, but lets not push it in 2007...

Then again, before I went to FSU my family moved to the smallest country city I had ever seen in Florida (clermont)... So all I could do was math and cars... I was scared to go outside because I thought raptors were in the bushes... I swear Jurassic Park was a documentary of this city!

CJ Curtsinger

Cj, I hate to admit it, but my math skills are terrible, but I think that may be more genetic based than location based. But even though my undergrad degree is in English Lit, I am fairly handy with the tools on the race car. The nearest thing we have in Nebraska to Jurassic Park type stuff is cows, deer, and the occasional elk. Although a turkey could be mistaken for a terydactyl, huh?

gave the 2nd episode a try (I said I would)....sorry, I still can't give it even a slight thumbs up:( I would rather endure a bikini wax...it hurts less than watching KOS

Thanks Kathy for your input.

As I told Kathy, I will give it one more shot! I thank her for coming on here to let everyone know how the show worked. She has a lot of experience drag racing and has been around the sport since she was a little girl. I would like to see her and her husband race in the cars that they race on the IHRA circuit.

She really is a nice lady, y'all!:D

As I told Kathy, I will give it one more shot! I thank her for coming on here to let everyone know how the show worked. She has a lot of experience drag racing and has been around the sport since she was a little girl. I would like to see her and her husband race in the cars that they race on the IHRA circuit.

She really is a nice lady, y'all!:D
Awwwww, Suzie, you're sooooooo sweet! And welcome aboard, Kathy! Visit often and get to know all of the great maters!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back