Tommy and Melanie's new TV show "King of the Strip": first episode this Sunday (1 Viewer)

__

Nitro Member
Tommy Johnson Jr. and Melanie Troxel's new TV show "King of the Strip" will debut on ESPN2 this Sunday, July 8th at 10:30 am Eastern time, right before NHRA Race Day. Can't wait to see the show. Looks like the re-air will be Thursday, July 12th at 6:00pm and the next episode should be Sunday, July 15th at 11:30am. Set your DVRs now! (and hopefully it won't screw up like mine did and not record Englishtown so you miss your favorite driver winning at your favorite track :( ).

Hey Charles,

I know you will be loving this! Tj & Melanie in their own show. Never saw this coming. It's gotta be better than Driving Force (sorry JFR fans) which I find painful to watch. I appreciate all that John Force has done for drag racing and especially for blessing us all with Ashley (and all his girls) but I can't take a 1/2 hour of listening to John. I know I'm in the minority, but that's just how it is.

Thanks for the Heads-Up and I will set my DVR for 30 min. earlier this Sunday.

:cool:

Kurt,
I agree. I like Force and am a fan. He has done great things to advance and promote the sport but I find the show painful to watch. I liked the first couple of episodes probably because it was new and somewhat of a novelty but after that I actually felt embarrassed when I watched it. It seems too staged.

Can't wait to see the TJ and Melanie show.

And how many times will Melanie say But-Ta ? In every interview its as many as 10. " The car is running good But -Ta were not happy with it. Count the next time you see her interviewed.

Mel can say 'But-Ta' as many times as she wants..as far as I'm concerned.

Beats 'bottom-line'..hehe

Hopefully it isn't cheesy nonsense like pinks; however, if It has Tommy and Melanie, I will definitely check it out.

012707003.jpg

Hopefully it isn't cheesy nonsense like pinks; however, if It has Tommy and Melanie, I will definitely check it out.

I wasn't aware initially that it was foing to be a Pinks type show, so it sounds like it might be a little cheesy to me, so I'll check it out once and see what it is about, but if it is a rip-off of Pinks, then I may have to pass on future episodes. Not what I was thinking this show was going to be about.

Yup a "PINKS" knockoff- but, IMO, better. They actually use the timing system.The first installmant brought us a late-model Firebird going up against an early model Falcon. That guy driving the Falcon looked familar.......was he on PINKS?

The format of using the clocks is way better than PINKS .... BUT... The arguing of a 2.85 to a 2.90 difference and lane choice sure sounded like PINKS.. IMO They would have been better off to make them dial the cars and bracket race them.... Best of 5 Bracket Style!!!!!

Pink's is now the 2nd worst reality racing on tv.:rolleyes:

I have to agree. It is so bad on so many levels, I don't even know where to begin. The truth is that I am a big fan of both Melanie and TJ and I really wanted it to be good. I just don't think that this type of show helps the public image of drag racing. If I didn't know anything about drag racing and saw that show.... I wouldn't think much of drag racing.

I just watched it. I dont like it,I just can't stand all the sandbaging & arguing.

Amen, brother!

I can't tell you how disappointing it was to me.....................wow. As if it wasn't bad enough the guy in the falcon was sandbagging, it was obvious sandbagging. Dang, dude, if you're going to try to pull that crap, at least keep the throttle pedal at a constant position instead of the "womp, womp, womp"!!! LMMFAO!!! What's worse yet, they had several professionals watching the whole thing and barely even mentioned it!

I love Tommy and Melanie, but I'm sorry, I thought it was pretty lame.

Sean D

I couldn't watch more than about 3 minutes of it. It looked like Pinks All Out and regular Pinks combined (two other shows that are simply un-watchable). TJ, Mel...I love you guys but the show won't be on my watch list.

I am sooooo tired of automotive/mechanical reality TV. Everything is one some kind of ridiculous deadline, everyone is running out of time, and, especially in the case of the "racing" shows, they create all this false, plastic drama. Drag racing has enough REAL drama built in...no need for script development. These shows do nothing to advance our sport and industry. In fact, they are setting us back about 30 years...now we all look like a bunch of slack-jawed street racers that somehow found our way to a drag strip.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back