Tommy and Melanie's new TV show "King of the Strip": first episode this Sunday (1 Viewer)

I just wanted to chime in also that I really was NOT impressed with the first two episodes. But I like TJ and Mel and I like drag racing so I'll probably see a couple more before I bail. I mostly just got tired of the bickering so hopefully it will be as Kathy said and I'll see less of that.

Last edited:
Thanks for chiming in Kathy, and I'll give the show a chance. I wasn't a fan of the first episode, but we'll see what happens in the ones upcoming.

The producers should visit the 'Mater, we'll tell them exactly what they need to do to create a successful (good) drag racing show.:)

Hi Kathy if you are on line. Got a chance to watch the second episode of KoS on dvr last night--it was a lot more interesting to watch now that you have become a mater and all....still lots of bickering and not much racing, but you said that changes in subsequent episodes? Ok, since you had the gumption to step into here and share some inside info with us and I really respect that, I'll stick with the show... a question for you if you can answer it--will Mel and TJ get a little more assertive in later episodes? Hope so. Thanks again for joining us

Hi Kathy if you are on line. Got a chance to watch the second episode of KoS on dvr last night--it was a lot more interesting to watch now that you have become a mater and all....still lots of bickering and not much racing, but you said that changes in subsequent episodes? Ok, since you had the gumption to step into here and share some inside info with us and I really respect that, I'll stick with the show... a question for you if you can answer it--will Mel and TJ get a little more assertive in later episodes? Hope so. Thanks again for joining us

Hey there! Glad you are going to give the show a shot!

Yes...I feel that Mel & TJ do get a little more into it as the series goes along. Most of us....were ALL NEW to this kind of thing. Except for some of the folks who had been on Pinks before....they knew the BS game very well....;)

The first two shows...were shot in the first day. So I know that all...(ok MOST) of us...got quite an education in the way things were going to work.....including the hosts and the technical advisors.

Of course, there wasn't any kind of dress rehersal for this show. You know how it is the first time you make a pass in a new car...at a new track? You get better with each pass...(hopefully :))....I think that's kinda like this show.

I'm looking forward to this espisode....#5!!!!!! :D There are others too.....but I can't wait to see what they show from this one...just makes me smile thinking about it!!

OK....gotta finish packing the trailer and then.....off to Grand Bend! Woo hoo! :D

Hey there! Glad you are going to give the show a shot!

Yes...I feel that Mel & TJ do get a little more into it as the series goes along. Most of us....were ALL NEW to this kind of thing. Except for some of the folks who had been on Pinks before....they knew the BS game very well....;)

The first two shows...were shot in the first day. So I know that all...(ok MOST) of us...got quite an education in the way things were going to work.....including the hosts and the technical advisors.

Of course, there wasn't any kind of dress rehersal for this show. You know how it is the first time you make a pass in a new car...at a new track? You get better with each pass...(hopefully :))....I think that's kinda like this show.

I'm looking forward to this espisode....#5!!!!!! :D There are others too.....but I can't wait to see what they show from this one...just makes me smile thinking about it!!

OK....gotta finish packing the trailer and then.....off to Grand Bend! Woo hoo! :D

Good luck from all of us, and if you get near a computer, drop by the mater and give us some updates!!

Good luck from all of us, and if you get near a computer, drop by the mater and give us some updates!!

Here's an idea... Kathy, unless you signed a non-disclosure agreement or something why don't you come on here and tell us what they took out of the episodes... You said most of the "bartering" was taken out... Was there anything worth hearing? Any fist fights not shown :D?!?! lol...

CJ Curtsinger

Sorry I haven't been on in a while. We raced....ok participated @ Grand Bend this past weekend.

Not a good weekend...my heart and mind weren't into it like I should have been and I MESSED UP. I just lost my g-pa on Weds....no excuse....I should have kicked butt for him...but anyway....

Guys take a look at this.....

1 QUICK Z to Run in the " KING of THE STRIP'' - HybridZ

See the last few pages. I shouldn't have repsponded.....but I just get sick of the.....eh..hem...crap. Maybe I stooped to their level...so correct me if I'm wrong!!

Thanks guys.........

Kathy,

Don't worry about that site! They obviously have no clue about your experience.

Stick around here and I think you will find a much nicer group of people and you will have a lot more fun! :D We like talking about real racing over here!

I am sorry to hear about your grandpa. I ditto Teri's sentiments.

Thanks guys....I should have never posted anything there and wouldn't have if it was just the usual "sticks and stones" stuff.

I googled "King of the Strip Fisher".....and found the post about the one guy I ran looking up my lic plate! HUH!?!? I guess I should never let myself get run over by a "garbage truck" like I did. I don't like to be called a liar, (I'm many things ;)....but that I'm not) and well I was I guess I was just in the wrong state of mind after what took place yesterday (funeral). :(

Note to self.........in the future, don't google when you're in a funky mood...............

Why don't they just get some experienced racers to run the cars to see what time they will turn. Then turn it over the to owners(drivers) and base the headstart on what the cars should run. That way it will leave out all the sandbagging and would focus on what the best driver not sandbagger.
Also if you can cut a .5xx light in a 14 sec. street car, deep staged, instant green, you should be making money reading minds (or send me the winning lottery numbers:)).
Sorry to hear about your Grandpa Kathy, will deep you in my prayers.

Why don't they just get some experienced racers to run the cars to see what time they will turn. Then turn it over the to owners(drivers) and base the headstart on what the cars should run. That way it will leave out all the sandbagging and would focus on what the best driver not sandbagger.
Also if you can cut a .5xx light in a 14 sec. street car, deep staged, instant green, you should be making money reading minds (or send me the winning lottery numbers:)).
Sorry to hear about your Grandpa Kathy, will deep you in my prayers.

Thanks Armand...it's one of those things you know is going to happen someday...but I still couldn't prepare myself!!

That's NOT a bad idea Armand...really, kind of sounds fun!

Well....I do think you mean...."pro" racers or "big name" racers though, 'cause I am very experienced racing along with several others on the show. Just not so much with that car...'cause I had never driven it before. I run SC/QR dragsters week in and week out and licensed to go even faster!

I was running my car all out...just had one pooooopy ET when I got up on the r's a little much and spun REAL bad. Show #2 (14.22 oops what a dummy) I'm used to hammering down...guess I wouldn't make a good alcohol FC or dragster driver, eh? (sorry...left over from my trip up north!! :D)

I think my other times for that episode were 13.60 (he says I hit my brakes....yeah right!), 13.66 going in deep then a 13.61 & a 13.62 also deep, my only trick. Of course I didn't know what I ran until I saw the show....and was surprised how consistant I was for spinning each time.

I think I only cut a .5XX light once...first time I went in deep. One pass I had a .646 and he had a .784......maybe that was on purpose, ya just never know. By cutting a BAD light...it would give him more to neogotiate with.

OK...enough about that....we still haven't watched Seattle yet...and Kevin just started it on the DVR.....I'm missing it! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

PS...If I can come up with some good lotto numbers...I promise I will share with the fellow 'maters! As long as we spend it on or so we can go drag racing!!! ;) WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Last edited:
Thanks Jay.....he was a good man! Even thought I didn't get to see him as much as I would have liked to over the last several years.........I will certainly miss him!!

Just thought I would share....I know it's not what this thread is about....but maybe just a little therapeutic for me!

Web_me_and_gpa_78.jpg

WOW that pic is BIG.......

.....yes...I was a brownie! Gotta love those GS cookies!! lol

Not a good weekend...my heart and mind weren't into it like I should have been and I MESSED UP. I just lost my g-pa on Weds....no excuse....I should have kicked butt for him...but anyway....

Kathy, I am sorry to hear about your loss. It hurts and takes time. I lost mine a year & half ago and is sometimes still hard, but good memories and family really helps.

The picture is really great and I bet you have tons of good memories.

I have not read but the first few posts on this thread, but I caught the show by accident today.

Jeez Louise, it was really truly bad.:(

I support TJ and Mel, but the show is bad.:(

Wow Kathy... I thought you were good on the show, but that interview makes you look great! You should look into working for ESPN... You have a TV personality... You seem so excited just to talk... Couldn't help but laugh at the "pinch" of emotional...

Do you plan on doing a lot of 1320 stuff?

CJ Curtsinger

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back