Tobler to DSR (1 Viewer)

Excellent point Nunzio. PPL need to understand that the sport is better with ppl who aren't afraid to stir the pot, good or bad!! Folks whine and complain when something is vanilla. Then somebodys sparks a little heat and they are flogged at the courthouse square. Enjoy what the PR machine hasn't gobbled up yet.

I disagree. The sport is better with people in it no doubt about that...NOT people who aren't afraid to stir the pot. It's the "stirring the pot" that started making NHRA look like WWE or whatever it's called. I'm not saying that Pedregon brothers shouldn't be involved in the sport but we don't need the crap that went on last season to keep happening.

I don't mind a good rivalry (Shoe v. Fuller, etc) but what you speak of isnt exactly what I picture our sport needing.

True, it does diminish the value in most cases, but not all the time. I'm sure Napa isn't too mad about AAP leaving. Their value increases

but NAPA has to ask themselves, why are Advanced and O'reilly (former CSK)
no longer team sponsors? why does Autozone not have major presence
in the NHRA?
are these giant national parts retailers restructuring their business models
where the do-it-yourselfer (aka nhra fan) accounts for a smaller percentage
of their sales?.......larger percentage coming from being a parts jobber for
local service and repair facilities?, not to mention even technical assistance
for ever changing computerized management systems?

i would be hoping that NAPA does not play follow the leader; or in other words,
if their competition does not want to play in the nhra, then their value
may be actually less.

I agree Mike, the ideal scenario would be that if we got say, McDonald's to come back, then Burger King and Wendy's would feel the need to be here, same with beer, auto parts, etc. That's when the value goes up. Right now, with the lack of depth in corporate deals, if a potential sponsor came and took a look, it would hard to convince them they need to spend 2-3Mil to partner with a team.

That has far more to do with something that two key individuals (at the time) at kalitta's than who should be crew chief. tobler stepped into a tune-up that kalitta's had developed and systematically ran it into the ground. When the crew chiefs and team owners are more interested in the hospitality staff, the tune-up attention kinda goes out the window.

As far as tobler going to Schumacher, I knew about this since just after Cruz missed the countdown. I think a lot of Don Schumacher and I have a lot of respect for him. However, I feel that bringing tobler on will turn out to be a mistake. With all of the talented tunners at Schumacher's, perhaps tobler will learn a little something about himself.

Dave

WTF? :mad: What a cheap shot, Tobler is one of the best around!

Someone should chart Kalitta's performance pre Tobler, during Tobler, and since Tobler............ ;)

I disagree. The sport is better with people in it no doubt about that...NOT people who aren't afraid to stir the pot. It's the "stirring the pot" that started making NHRA look like WWE or whatever it's called. I'm not saying that Pedregon brothers shouldn't be involved in the sport but we don't need the crap that went on last season to keep happening.

I don't mind a good rivalry (Shoe v. Fuller, etc) but what you speak of isnt exactly what I picture our sport needing.

Rule manipulation and diving isn't exactly what I picture our sport needing.

That's what I was thinking. It sounds like some around here care to look the other way because it is their team. I applaud the Pedregon's for calling out the obvious.

WTF? :mad: What a cheap shot, Tobler is one of the best around!
I was thinking the same. I don't see how anybody could say he ran it into the ground considering Doug would have won the championship if it weren't for Shoe's record setting run.

Last edited:
tobler stepped into a tune-up that kalitta's had developed and systematically ran it into the ground.

Dave

Didn't Doug K. almost win a championship a few years back with Rahn as his CC? If I remember correctly, he lost the championship as the result of "The Run" made by Tony Schumacher...... and this was back before the phony clown down when championships were awarded to the team who had the best overall performance from the entire season.

I thought he did a great job with team Kalitta.

Edit: treed by Brent Bush.;)

I heard he's replacing the crew chief of the white trash funny car.

lol.gif
Actually, that would be pretty damn cool!!!

Now that's funny right there!!!! :eek::D

Thanks for the explanation, Paul. :)

Im not going to comment on the diving but rule manipulation is fair game as long you dont break the rules . Reading the rule rule book is what seperates the greats from the run of the mills , look at guys like Dale Armstrong and Smokey yunick(did I spell that right) both in different sports but both expert at reading the grey areas of the rule books. They didn't break the rules they just read the rule book from the point of view of the rulebook tells you what you can't do but it doesnt tell you what you can . If the Rule book does not tell you that something is against the rules then its fair game untill you get told you cant do that any more . For example in the rule book for New Zealand drag racing there is a rule which ses you must use a transmission now most people would say ok must use a full transmission but I see it as you may run a transmission but you may also run high gear with reverse because reverse still counts as a transmission in my oppinion . Its a case of it doesnt say you can do something its a case of it doesnt say you cant .

.................If the Rule book does not tell you that something is against the rules then its fair game untill you get told you cant do that any more .......................
Heck yeah William, you're pretty sharp for your young years.

Chad Knaus comes to mind here, he's about to win his 4th consecutive! Jimmy Johnson always said that if his crew chief didn't push the envelope, that he wasn't doing his job. Good advice in my opinion.;)

Heck yeah William, you're pretty sharp for your young years.

Chad Knaus comes to mind here, he's about to win his 4th consecutive! Jimmy Johnson always said that if his crew chief didn't push the envelope, that he wasn't doing his job. Good advice in my opinion.;)

"They" don't like Jimmy Johnson!

LOL not what I was implying...our sport doesn't need that either and that whole matter at Indy could have been handled differently and should have. The pot stirring comments all come from that weekend. I'm not defending JFR or the pedregons I feel that way about everyone in all classes, good rivalry is great for the sport, high school drama and "pot stirring" is not. :)

That's what I was thinking. It sounds like some around here care to look the other way because it is their team. I applaud the Pedregon's for calling out the obvious.
The issue with the Pedregons is that they "Called out the Obvious", all the while being guilty of the same thing. Where's the honor in that???? They were just being sore losers..........................period!:eek:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back