Re: Rahn Tobler (1 Viewer)

I think my brothers and Connie are smart enought to run a 20 car team with just the three of them.

I'll go along with that, Suzie! I don't think I want to get into an argument with either you or Teri with an I! By the way, who's the folks in the avatar?

I'll go along with that, Suzie! I don't think I want to get into an argument with either you or Teri with an I! By the way, who's the folks in the avatar?

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!!!

That is a picture of me & my biatches!!! I have a band called Suzie "Q" & the Tipps. The brunette is Vivacious Vickie, then I am the tall blonde, then Bodacious Betsy and then there is Sassy Stacey! heeeehehehehe!

Good thing you mentioned that!!!!!! The combined wrath of Suzie Q and Teri with an I may be more than you could bear!

Thanks but I'm married I 've been chewed out by the best of them! :D

I can take anything they dole out trust me!
It would be nice to see them win a championship before thumping their chest, don't you think? :rolleyes:

OOPS! Idid it again I like living dangerously! :p

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!!!

That is a picture of me & my biatches!!! I have a band called Suzie "Q" & the Tipps. The brunette is Vivacious Vickie, then I am the tall blonde, then Bodacious Betsy and then there is Sassy Stacey! heeeehehehehe!

All you need to do is add "Dorky Drew" to that photo and you've got yourself a team! :D :p :D

Just look at Alan Johnson, Lee Beard, and Rob Flynn. To be the best you got to beat these guys, forgot to mention Tim & Kim Richards, and I just think by losing a guy with the talent that Rahn Tobler has, you NEED to find someone to FILL his shoes, not just replace them. Just my opinion.

I realize they won them when they were working under Dick LaHaie but they still have two championship rings, so I think they can thump alittle!!!

It's all in fun Terri, I really like the Kalitta camp and I'm a fan! :)
I really hope they can do it this year I'm tired of the guy who has won the last 3 and feel a change is in order.
Don't get me wrong they earned what they got but you can only eat so many green M&M's before you want a red one if you know what I mean. ;)

I don't even know if it's even being considered; but If another person is ever brought onboard again, they definatley need to buy into the "committee" philosophy. Kalitta cars have always been like that. Another negative factor would be someone with maybe an ego who thinks he's going to come in & change everything, call all the shots, fix what's not broken, etc. Connie is surley one of the most high-profile owners in existence as far as tuning decisions go. Definatley need someone with a set of ears for listening, and can handle bouncing ideas off other people in the organization. Personally I say the hell with it..... let the 4 Amigos run the whole damn team.

Last edited:
I don't even know if it's even being considered; but If another person is ever brought onboard again, they definatley need to buy into the "committee" philosophy. Kalitta cars have always been like that. Another negative factor would be someone with maybe an ego who thinks he's going to come in & change everything, call all the shots, fix what's not broken, etc. Connie is surley one of the most high-profile owners in existence as far as tuning decisions go. Definatley need someone with a set of ears for listening, and can handle bouncing ideas off other people in the organization. personally I say the hell with it..... let the 4 Amigos run the whole damn team.

Are you saying it was a "ego" attitude that lead to Rahn leaving the camp?
Just asking for clarification of your post is all. :rolleyes:

I hope this becomes another Johnny West situation. Both of these guys need to be allowed to tune without management by committee - if ya get my point.
Rahn has been very kind to Erin and me. He made sure a poster I created of Erin (at age 8) with Shirley was signed and returned to us - one of Erin's most treasured possessions. And . . . after I got an opportunity to ask him how the mysterious Slide Valve works, he spent some of his time to educate me on TF fuel systems. You don't forget experiences like this.
I wish him well at Lucas - Jim

How about JR Todd and Morgan in the final, and both run 4.436 to set the record!!! lol

i think the committee thing is the right thing to do, but i also feel that they still need the one guy that makes the "final call" on Dougie's car, and i think that person should come from inside the Kalitta camp. It's kind of the way that the Force camp runs...they all confer and share data but in the end all of the individual chiefs make that final call

i think the committee thing is the right thing to do, but i also feel that they still need the one guy that makes the "final call" on Dougie's car, and i think that person should come from inside the Kalitta camp. It's kind of the way that the Force camp runs...they all confer and share data but in the end all of the individual chiefs make that final call

Kalitta team already has a guy who makes the "final call" and it obviously isn't working very well. I heard today that Johnny stepped in to tuning the Tuttle car and applied his own tuneup . . . results are pretty plain.
IMHO - one crew chief, with one driver, a dedicated crew and an owner who doesn't let his ego get in the way appears to be working.
Remember - "A camel is a horse designed by a committee" :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back