Re: Rahn Tobler (2 Viewers)

I hope this becomes another Johnny West situation. Both of these guys need to be allowed to tune without management by committee - if ya get my point.
Rahn has been very kind to Erin and me. He made sure a poster I created of Erin (at age 8) with Shirley was signed and returned to us - one of Erin's most treasured possessions. And . . . after I got an opportunity to ask him how the mysterious Slide Valve works, he spent some of his time to educate me on TF fuel systems. You don't forget experiences like this.
I wish him well at Lucas - Jim

I'm guessing that the Lucas team's performance just got a huge shot in the arm. Good things will come to this team immediately.

John Stewart has been around for a long time. He will not be out of work long. Sometimes a change in leadership is what is needed, no matter what buisness your in. In my buisness (electrical contracting) it changes all the time. Sometimes the decisions we make are not what we want to but you've got to make them to survive.

I guess there is more to Rahn leaving Kallitta than meets the eye?
In the artical it mentions how Rahan worked with Graham, Venenables, etc. and was involved with 3 world titles (NO MENTION of Shirley).
well I can't wait until the next chapter of " As the wheels turn"

I guess there is more to Rahn leaving Kallitta than meets the eye?
In the artical it mentions how Rahan worked with Graham, Venenables, etc. and was involved with 3 world titles (NO MENTION of Shirley).
well I can't wait until the next chapter of " As the wheels turn"
The fact there's no mention of Shirley in that article raised a couple eyebrows in my house too.

I am happy for Rahn. I wish him the best. It will be interesting to see how he sets up the car & the tune up. Morgan will be winning soon, folks.

There is definitely WAY MORE to this than meets the eye.

I always thought Rahn was a great fit at Kalitta's.

i just like the old story " need time off to take care of things". how many crew chiefs have used that line and show up somewhere else a week later. it had to be tuff after the divorce stuff started to work when both parties are employed at the same place. particularly if sides were taken by other team members.

There IS more to it.

There has to be a reason why he left, none was reported.

Would I like to know? Yeh
Do I need to know? No
Does it bother me that I don't know? Not really

I am just disappointed as the Mac car is my favorite on tour.

Maybe Rahn wanted a little more control or freedom?

But it is Connie's sand box!

I think Rahn will be an asset to the Lucas team, why he left the Kalitta team is of no matter to me.

the lucas family certainly has invested in NHRA drag racing;
it would be nice to see them enjoy some on track performance
with their TF. I also hope lance & rahn can get their operation turned around.

Boy the double standards we live by... The Walsh/Bernstein fiasco was similar to Tobler/Lucas, only different. I think it is different because Kalitta's have a plethora of options in a very deep organization, where as Tuttle didn't have those same options... But it is still a double standard.

stop speculating and be happy for Rahn.

Doug will be just fine with the "Crew Cheif by Community" plan!

I feel Doug needs someone else to come on board to help the Mac Tools car, this "everyone works on all the cars" is only gonna get them so far. Just look at David Power's teams, those are 2 stout top 5 teams, who EACH have their own crew chief, their results speak for themselves.

Boy the double standards we live by... The Walsh/Bernstein fiasco was similar to Tobler/Lucas, only different. I think it is different because Kalitta's have a plethora of options in a very deep organization, where as Tuttle didn't have those same options... But it is still a double standard.

Double standards?????? Tobler was UNEMPLOYED when he was hired by Lucas where as Walsh was EMPLOYED when he was hired by Bernstein. Totally different situations.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back