Tobler Named Capps' Crew Chief (1 Viewer)

Could be an interesting combination of finesse, with both the driver and the crew chief a bit less "sledge hammer" and more "tango dancer"...

Hmm.. Unfortunate for Jack. They definitely had a good thing going over there. Hopefully Todd is able to maintain that level of performance.

Good luck to Rahn and Todd. Todd tuned TJ Jr. to the winners circle, hopefully he can do the same with Jack.

Fast Jack is 3rd place in the points, then all of a sudden Shoe moves Tobler to Capps car. I'm thinking he's getting a lot of pressure from NAPA. What does Aaron's think about this? I'm sure there's a LOT of pressure involved in being a team owner.

I'm a fan of Tobler and Capps will for sure now be an instant event win contender. I don't really agree with what Beckman is left with right now. I don't know Smith's potential especially in FC, but Snyder has the knowledge of being with 3-4 different tuners on the team alone. Maybe they can bounce straight into normal 4.0 territory, if not there will be a change.

i really hope Ron finds the winners circle no matter who is tuning. He capable of winning a championship and i hope he gets it with the Rahn & Ron show:p

i really hope Ron finds the winners circle no matter who is tuning. He capable of winning a championship and i hope he gets it with the Rahn & Ron show:p

Capps, Wilkerson, and BeckmanI feel are the only drivers in FC that have finished # 2 before and are more deserving of a championship then anybody.

I'm going to have to catch up on my webcasts. Driving home, I was just listening to last night's WFO Radio on my iPhone and heard the Capps interview where they clearly say that Tobler is bringing the chassis he tuned for Jack with him ... Ron said don't change anything, just install my seat insert and drop on my body (they are logically interchangeable). Really feel sorry for Jack, he is stepping in a new ride with a new crew ... Ron clearly said that he will miss his old crew, but they'll just be a couple of trailers over. Wow, Capps is going to see instant improvement. Tobler just had to swap his stuff to the Napa trailer and swap one great driver for the other.

Really look forward to listening to these webcasts now!

You know.....R. Tobler is really a great person in this sport. Who knows; he coulda' wound up tuning Kawasaki Motorcycles in the AMA Supercross Series; or calling the shots on a Sprint Cup Car - or making tuning decisions on an APBA Unlimited Hydroplane somewhere. Thank goodness "Toes" fate brought him to quarter mile/1000 foot drag racing! I don't know if he's going to create miracles for Capps; But let me tell you, he has for other drivers! Besides a talented crew chief - he's just a nice guy. If you haven't had the opportunity to chat with him (thanks to this awesome sport we follow - we can do that on any given race day), I highly recommend you do. He will stop in his tracks to talk to you. When he was with Kalitta, I talked to him on several ocaisions, and it was like I was the most important person in his life.. at that moment. And besides all that, he can tune one of these race cars really, really good. I wish this team the best. You will see a marked improvement in Ron Capps' performance.

Just one more big name crew chief that Capps wont win a championship with. I hate to say it but he is the Mark Martin of drag racing.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back