Tobler to DSR (1 Viewer)

Oh well.....good pick up. Rahn is a good tuner and will bring some more brain trust to the team. Good luck to Johnny. He's a very talented guy!

I wonder if Johnny is acutally gone, or is just going to be moved to another team within DSR. I guess we'll find soon enough.

Does this mean that Cruz is parked? I don't care about the controversy regarding the Pedregon bros., love them or hate them we need them out there.

Jim, there is a nostalgia nitro funny car that is called "white trash" and has different colored "fenders".

Does this mean that Cruz is parked? I don't care about the controversy regarding the Pedregon bros., love them or hate them we need them out there.

Excellent point Nunzio. PPL need to understand that the sport is better with ppl who aren't afraid to stir the pot, good or bad!! Folks whine and complain when something is vanilla. Then somebodys sparks a little heat and they are flogged at the courthouse square. Enjoy what the PR machine hasn't gobbled up yet.

Excellent point Nunzio. PPL need to understand that the sport is better with ppl who aren't afraid to stir the pot, good or bad!! Folks whine and complain when something is vanilla. Then somebodys sparks a little heat and they are flogged at the courthouse square. Enjoy what the PR machine hasn't gobbled up yet.

Not only are the points you make valid, but people also need to understand that when sponsors leave the sport and it forces a team to the sidelines, it diminishes the value of the other competitors sponsorship, and the potential value of future sponsorships. Less sponsored cars equals less product on the track, equals less product in the midways, equals less vendor support, equals less butts in the seats, equals less eyeballs on the TV, equals less money for the teams from a sponsor or potential sponsor.

I find it hard to believe that Johnny West would be out at DSR. He did an excellent job all season, that car was pretty consistant.

Kalitta Motorsports should have never let Rahn Tobler get away, that team has not had any consistancy ever since.

Not only are the points you make valid, but people also need to understand that when sponsors leave the sport and it forces a team to the sidelines, it diminishes the value of the other competitors sponsorship, and the potential value of future sponsorships. Less sponsored cars equals less product on the track, equals less product in the midways, equals less vendor support, equals less butts in the seats, equals less eyeballs on the TV, equals less money for the teams from a sponsor or potential sponsor.

True, it does diminish the value in most cases, but not all the time. I'm sure Napa isn't too mad about AAP leaving. Their value increases

Kalitta Motorsports should have never let Rahn Tobler get away, that team has not had any consistancy ever since.

That has far more to do with something that two key individuals (at the time) at kalitta's than who should be crew chief. tobler stepped into a tune-up that kalitta's had developed and systematically ran it into the ground. When the crew chiefs and team owners are more interested in the hospitality staff, the tune-up attention kinda goes out the window.

As far as tobler going to Schumacher, I knew about this since just after Cruz missed the countdown. I think a lot of Don Schumacher and I have a lot of respect for him. However, I feel that bringing tobler on will turn out to be a mistake. With all of the talented tunners at Schumacher's, perhaps tobler will learn a little something about himself.

Dave

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back