This ought to be interesting for Larry Dixon (3 Viewers)

Explain to me how the NHRA can suspend an individual that is using a vehicle that’s not in competition?
I think the NHRA is pissed because they didn’t think of it first!
Could it be possible the track he was conducting such rides were a NHRA sanctioning track!
The any further actions can be levied means what?
If he uses a non sanctioned track they will still impose more severe penalties?
Lots of questions here!
If I was Larry I would challenge these idiots that are trying to infringe on a possible huge money making business!

Ya, something stinks, a non competition car, testing at a track and NHRA suspends the driver? If anybody should be fined/suspended it should be the chassis builder. But can not do that to many teams would be shut down.

maybe larry tried to enter pomona and nhra realized they didn't have two 1st place trophies if his car won......was going to put
erica in the back so she could get a trophy this year.

Larry if you want to make lots of money and have lots of customers without the NHRA buttin' in, I have 3 words for you...

Yas Marina Circuit

;)

The problem was Larry had the car on display and was accepting reservations for a ride in a non NHRA certified car that had an NHRA cert tag on it. If the tag had been removed there wouldn't have been an issue. Having the tag on the car implies approval by the NHRA.

The problem was Larry had the car on display and was accepting reservations for a ride in a non NHRA certified car that had an NHRA cert tag on it. If the tag had been removed there wouldn't have been an issue. Having the tag on the car implies approval by the NHRA.
I'm really doubting it was Larry that stuck the sticker on the frame. I'd bet it was somebody at McKinney that did that since they did the mods.

I may be 100% wrong, but I thought I walked up to the line to shoot a track temperature and saw a 2 seat dragster going down the right lane with what sounded like an A fuel motor. I was working on my own program, but I'm guessing that was the car going down the track that got him indefinitely suspended. We tested both Monday and Wednesday of last week ... I think it was on Wednesday, but I'm not certain .... It could have even been Thursday/Friday.

I'm really doubting it was Larry that stuck the sticker on the frame. I'd bet it was somebody at McKinney that did that since they did the mods.

Don't actually have to be the one applying the cert tag. Said tag has a serial number with a official licensed document signed by the owner of the car and a copy retained by the owner and another sent to NHRA. If the car was modified after the tag was applied, the tag should have been voided and removed. Which in this case may have not been.

Chassis builders can't self certify. Like I said earlier, the sticker was a leftover from when the car was a traditional dragster years ago.

Everybody needs to head on over to Bobby's site and check out the interview with Dixon. When you read how NHRA handled this, it tells you ALL you need to know. Pathetic example of good communication.

Sean D

He ran the car an at NHRA track.
I can see why NHRA isn't happy, being that he ran the car without cert on an NHRA track. I think the punishment was a little overboard though.
Didn't they have tech at the track? The track should not have let him run with a bad tag, I wonder what else they didn't check. Pretty screwed up deal, please NHRA get your head out of your azz!
Rick

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back